Cowichan Pub Night

Time

Just wondering if there would be any interest in a local 'meet and greet' at one of the local watering holes? Brig in Maple Bay, Cow Bay pub, or Crofton Pub.
A chance to decry what's happening to the Cowie chinooks, cry in your beer (or whatever), and tell outrageous tales about what it used to be like, and similar reports of your experiences.
Probably other local spots would suit, but not too familiar with them.

Doug

I tried to put one together a couple years ago but it didn't really pan out. Ended up only 'reel easy' and I and the spouses came out but we had a great time and worked through lots of pints.:D [:I]
Best advice is to just pick a time and place and you can count me in!

Cow Bay pub sounds good to me. Then I can just crawl to the boat for the night.

Ok.
How about this Thursday, November 8. 7:30 - 8:00 pm.
Pub in Cowichan Bay - not the Grand Hotel, but the one next door, overlooks the marina, easy for Knucklebuster to stumble home from.
Please indicate if this is agreeable or suggest an alternative.

I'll put the SFBC burgee on the table.

All welcome, coffee and other beverages available.

Doug

When are you back Barbender?
With a moniker like yours, it can't be done without you.

How's the first Wednesday Barbender is back?

I am back Nov 14th. Thursday-Saturday nights work for me. Monday-Wednesday are pretty booked with soccer kick boxing etc.

How about Friday night, Nov. 16 ,Cow Bay pub.
Its the night before my B day. Good reason to drink beer.Not that we need a reason.Think theres a canuck game on that night too.

quote:Originally posted by Time

Sounds good to me!
See you there.
About 8:00?
excellent plan 8:00, we'll talk more this week.
any one else?

SFBC obviously refers to "Sports Fishing B C " and a burgee is a small flag or pennant ,therefore I would deduce the pennant/flag would have SFBC on it to show everyone where to go.
I would have got there excepting that I am off to Campbell River to my oldest sons place for the Friday , Saturday and Sunday as its my eldest granddaughters birthday party , she is officially a teenager , Good God time flies !

Perhaps I will make one of the get togethers one day , would be nice to spin a few yarns over some angels tears.

Cheers

AL

Thanks "alley cat". Knew the SFBC part but didn't know that a burgee was a small flag or pennent.[:I]

Mine would probably come if there was other ladies there to talk to. She had a blast last time with 'reel easy's' wife.

Not a chance. Its my time away. But I will call her for a ride home.

Ha ha ha....leaving the wife at home makes perfect sense. As for me I will try and make it but have to be in prospect lake at 7:30 pm. If I make it I will be late. Regards,.

Back