Cowichan Lake

fowl hook

Thinking of goin to Cowichan Lk. for the first time this weekend, anyone been lately? I'm guessing that it would be best to troll plugs around the creek mouths at this time of the year, any other suggestions? Thanks

Fishing should be fine right now. Hard to say when if/when the lake will turnover with this mild winter we have had. If fishing rainbows I would do the usual creek mouths or powerbaiting. If for cuttie's troll plugs 15-40 ft. that's my two bits.

Long live wild salmon!!!
><))))>

I troll in shallow water with plugs, for the big rainbow I troll plugs deep off the rigger.

Well I ended up going on Saturday, launched at Bear lk. and trolled into the cowichan. On the water for a few hours with out a hit, threw the tackle box at em with no luck. Didn't see any one else having better luck either. Decided to go to Fourth lake in nanaimo yesterday and hit a couple of cutties, including a fat 19incher, and got rained on pretty good. Fish were caught on 3" Coyotes, believe it or not the biggest one hit a green/glo Coyote trolled with no weight lol.

Sorry FH, didn't mean to put a W in there.. Long night on Brannen.lol;)

No gate issues, It's been open every time I've been up that way this year. The water level is way up in 4th since the last time I was there. It's up to the trees now but back in September there was easily 100-150ft. of shoreline leading up to the water.

Back