Cowichan Conspiracy

Gooey-bum...I didn't start this thread....and how did you know I liked banging my head against walls????....by the way I believe it's way too late to do F-all about the conditions of our rivers....the damage is done haven't seen more than a handful of steel in the Koksilah and 20 years ago it was rare for me to go a day without catching one.....thats a fact....anyhow I'm done stirring the pot' thx for your constructive contribution....fish on ladies and gents. Mouthfull of flies out.

It was probably the back handed snide crack about "mill workers" and "forestry workers" appearing to unable to make an informed point or to defend or give information to a situation without your semi cheap shot of being prejudiced of the reasons for the weir installation.
You intimate you worked in the industry for 6 years and then state "never again" it would appear from your own mouth that you carry grudges which colour your views.
You fished in the Koksilah 20 years ago ? and caught steelhead or trout every time , interesting , I grew up in the Shawnigan Lake area and fished the Koksilah from Burnt Bridge down for many years , thats 40 plus years ago laddie , and there was problems even back then due to uncontrolled spates washing out the redds and destroying the systems other silted beds , fishing in that river has been declining for longer than that boyo !
So if you want to convince everyone on here that the troubles on the Cowichan are caused by the Crofton mill and the workers ignorance then you are indeed acting as your alias name on the thread shows, a mouth house.

AL

It was probably the back handed snide crack about "mill workers" and "forestry workers" appearing to unable to make an informed point or to defend or give information to a situation without your semi cheap shot of being prejudiced of the reasons for the weir installation.
You intimate you worked in the industry for 6 years and then state "never again" it would appear from your own mouth that you carry grudges which colour your views.
You fished in the Koksilah 20 years ago ? and caught steelhead or trout every time , interesting , I grew up in the Shawnigan Lake area and fished the Koksilah from Burnt Bridge down for many years , thats 40 plus years ago laddie , and there was problems even back then due to uncontrolled spates washing out the redds and destroying the systems other silted beds , fishing in that river has been declining for longer than that boyo !
So if you want to convince everyone on here that the troubles on the Cowichan are caused by the Crofton mill and the workers ignorance then you are indeed acting as your alias name on the thread shows, a mouth house.

AL

ow you hurt me inside......do you know what a flame is??...hope you've settled down...and yes trout and steelhead VERY consistantly....everybody needs to take a pill...

ow you hurt me inside......do you know what a flame is??...hope you've settled down...and yes trout and steelhead VERY consistantly....everybody needs to take a pill...

Oh yah one more thing....If you look closely I didn't say one thing about the mill or it's workers....get YOUR facts straight...p.s. too bad about your luck on the kok all those years ago....I have heard the main reason for it's deterioration was misuse of land by local land owners??? nothing to do with any mill, and if you can't let someone state a simple opinion then wtf???...I know that forestry is one of the most touchy subjects in this province and that the mere whisper of any negative effects of their practices is completely taboo ...hmmmmm...If anyone was hurt personally by this thread then I am sincerely sorry...if not pull up your panties and get on with it.Mouthhole

Oh yah one more thing....If you look closely I didn't say one thing about the mill or it's workers....get YOUR facts straight...p.s. too bad about your luck on the kok all those years ago....I have heard the main reason for it's deterioration was misuse of land by local land owners??? nothing to do with any mill, and if you can't let someone state a simple opinion then wtf???...I know that forestry is one of the most touchy subjects in this province and that the mere whisper of any negative effects of their practices is completely taboo ...hmmmmm...If anyone was hurt personally by this thread then I am sincerely sorry...if not pull up your panties and get on with it.Mouthhole

I can't stand reading these anymore...he is getting you going guys...on purpose....close the thread...please...omg...lol

I can't stand reading these anymore...he is getting you going guys...on purpose....close the thread...please...omg...lol

Thanks Al
I thought you would have knowledge of the weir and drawdown, I just didn't realize it would be firsthand from having worked on the system.

Personal histories and remembrances (whether they be of when the salmon arrived at Sooke last year, or of steelheading on the Koksilah 30 years ago) add immeasurably to the interest of the posts on the board. Even the Mouth That Roars seems to have some background that, with a bit of rephrasing, could accord him some status around here.

That said, I agree with Careyespecial, let the thread die.
Hope to see some of you at the Water Basin Management Plan meetings later in the month.

Thanks Al
I thought you would have knowledge of the weir and drawdown, I just didn't realize it would be firsthand from having worked on the system.

Personal histories and remembrances (whether they be of when the salmon arrived at Sooke last year, or of steelheading on the Koksilah 30 years ago) add immeasurably to the interest of the posts on the board. Even the Mouth That Roars seems to have some background that, with a bit of rephrasing, could accord him some status around here.

That said, I agree with Careyespecial, let the thread die.
Hope to see some of you at the Water Basin Management Plan meetings later in the month.

My apologies for my part of the mud slinging.:( Its just that I prefer to be solution rather than blame focussed, and have little time for unsubstantiated rumor milling. :(

I'll try to tone it down in the future.[}:)]

GB

So how many of you are actually involved in what is happening on the river?
Did you know they are setting up a watershed group for the Cowichan?

Back