Court Case Won Against Salmon Farm Industry Abuses!

The merchant of doubt.....
Marty and others have no problem citing his work so I would think it's political.
Oh and why don't you answer the question....
Do you support a 3rd party testing of the salmon farms fish on behalf of the public?
Yes I do, but lets include wild salmon as well. Wait, isn't that already planned by Riddell and Miller?

Yes I do, but lets include wild salmon as well. Wait, isn't that already planned by Riddell and Miller?

Good and agreed we need to test everywhere we grow fish and wild streams also.
We need to map out where this PRV virus is so we know what we are dealing with.
I also support all hatcheries vaccinating their fish as soon as a vaccine is available.
[h=1]Development of a Piscine Reovirus (PRV) vaccine[/h]Novartis / Project 2010054

Project leaders NVI
Maria K Dahle

Summary
Heart and Skeletal Muscle Inflammation (HSMI) is one of the main viral diseases affecting farmed Atlantic Salmon in Norway, and the disease was in 2010 shown to be associated with Piscine Orthoreovirus (PRV), a reovirus distantly related to the mammalian and avian reoviruses. Since then the virus has been demonstrated to induce HSMI in challenge studies, to be located in cardiomyocytes of the infected heart, and to be ubiquitous in wild and farmed salmon in Norway, Canada and Chile.

The large number of HSMI outbreaks in Norway has called for the development of a PRV vaccine, and Novartis Animal Health initiated a vaccine development project in collaboration with the Norwegian Veterinary Institute and School of Veterinary Science in 2010. By the end of 2013, this project is in its final phase and vaccine trials are being run and analysed.
Partners

• Novartis, Canada
  • Norwegian School of Veterinary Sciences
  • Columbia University , New York, USA

http://www.vetinst.no/eng/Research/Research-projects/Development-of-a-Piscine-Reovirus-PRV-vaccine

I don't know what Miller is testing for but I suspect PRV is one of many.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/eva.12164/full

Back