Couple New Toys.

walleyes

Crew Member
Picked up a couple new toys for this summer.. Now all I have to do is count the days until I head west.. Looking forward to giving them a try on Ukee hogs the coming summer. They will be a nice addition to the gear. I will be putting them under a couple 10'6, Fenniwick, HMR's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 1,063
(Had a beautiful day fishing out by port McNeil today, caught some nice coho, and some pinks, tried a new spot out later that morning. Got a hit right away, peeled of line like a bugger, played him for 15 mins, got him close to the boat to see how big he is, then bang! Line snapped when he made his last run, damn reel piled up! What a POS a brand new Rapala reel, three days out with it and it does this!)

(I am so ****ed at this reel it's not funny, they will be getting a nice letter from me and a box of pieces from this crappy reel.)Message from a fishing Buddy.
Yep... Nice looking reels :)

LOL... well I still think he should still be excited to try out his new gear.... You can find a bad review on every reel out there. Walleyes I'm sure you'll like them....

(Had a beautiful day fishing out by port McNeil today, caught some nice coho, and some pinks, tried a new spot out later that morning. Got a hit right away, peeled of line like a bugger, played him for 15 mins, got him close to the boat to see how big he is, then bang! Line snapped when he made his last run, damn reel piled up! What a POS a brand new Rapala reel, three days out with it and it does this!)

(I am so ****ed at this reel it's not funny, they will be getting a nice letter from me and a box of pieces from this crappy reel.)Message from a fishing Buddy.

Crappy news man,, let's hope this isn't the norm on these.. I gave it some time before buying them to see what they would be like and I haven't really heard to many bad things,, here's to hoping.. Oh well I will always have my Islander on the other side,, that's my baby these are for second reels..

Oh and yah r.s they are North Coast reels.

They had problems when they first came out but they have worked through the growing pains. I have 4 of them and have not any major problems they helped me land a 53lbs chinook 2 years ago. Rapala has a new shift mooching reel out that pretty sweet too.

Crappy news man,, let's hope this isn't the norm on these.. I gave it some time before buying them to see what they would be like and I haven't really heard to many bad things,, here's to hoping.. Oh well I will always have my Islander on the other side,, that's my baby these are for second reels..

Oh and yah r.s they are North Coast reels.

I fished one all last season and worked great for me. It's no islander but nice little reel. Rinse after use. Lube every 10 outings.

I have the first generation N.Cs as well, other than an upgraded spring, which they sent me 6 of, not a problem.

Resurrecting this old post.

I finally had a chance to get these reels out for a run this summer and my verdict is this,, your darn rights they ain't an Islander,, a far cry from it. Horrible line creep,, you have to tighten the drag down to the point your fingers are slipping on the knob and by this time the drag is way to tight for a hard hit. Very jerky drag spool not smooth at all. Nope,, if I would have known they would be like this I would have never have bought them.

May put them up for sale,, first $150.00 a reel takes them only used a dozen times one season and one real has maybe an hour on it..

Back