Cougar Creek Campground

L

linkac

Help please. I am going back up to Critter Cove next year middle of July and wanted to trailer and launch my 17' Boston Whaler at Cougar Creek Campground instead of launching at Gold River. How is the road there and can I leave my vehicle and trailer while I am at Critter Cove for a week. Also how do I contact Cougar Creek.
Thanks for any help. PS Friend and I were there July 15-21 and we got our 8 fish on the inside near Critter Cove (20lbs-29lbs)Courgar

Linkac,the road to Cougar Creek ain't bad they keep it up on a regular basis.Cougar creek has extra spots for people to park trucks and trailers for a fee ($10 per day I believe).There is no reservations as of now first come first serve.Dick is the guy that runs the site and is very accomadating.Good luck

Mike

Thanks for the info, Mike. Since Cougar Creek is so close to Critter Cove I wanted to launch from there but had no information on the site.
Chris

Don't trailer, you'll regret it!!!! Launch in GR its only a 40min run or so!!! Well worth it for not beating up your unit on a gravel road!

If you keep your trailer in good shape and take your time the road to couger creek is fine for the size of boat you have. That early in the season the road is well kept , just take your time. We trailered[8D] a 16 double eagle and it took 2.5-3 hours from campbell river. Lots of parking and decent rustic launch( not paved). The great thing is if the weather goes bad you are only ten minutes from the launch.

The road to Cougar Creek is fine. The boat launch is a beach-type ramp - Large rocks-no concrete. I have launched a 16ft boat with two-wheel drive - no problem.

Back