Costco boat cover's advice

kyjelly44

well I'm going to be needing a boat cover for a trip up to nootka (and storage maybe) this year, as I heard the logging road will dust up the boat. I have a trophy 1802 and was thinking about using the "Classic Accessories Typhoon Boat Cover" from Costco. was just wondering if this would be something that might work for what I need...

If driving on logging roads means you are towing into Tahsis iirc there is
a place where you can hose your boat down. Good also to rinse boat, motor, and trailer down
When recovering the boat. May not answer your question, but may save you some coin?

I've had a terrible experience with mine. I think it's still the same brand as the one i bought from Costco 3 yrs ago and the tie down straps are very thin and weak so I had a couple break on the hwy and no longer use the cover when towing the boat. The cover is only good for storage. I found mine faded very quickly as well and it's even stored under a carport sheltered from alot of the elements.

I've owned a couple of the Classic Accessories boat covers.No carport to store it,so went with this option. They come in
3 different grades and bought the middle grade one which had a 2 year warranty and it lasted exactly 2 years before
the material rotted and started to rip.Bought the high end one next,which is warrantied for 3 years.Been 2 years now
and it's holding out great! They seem to make a good product and would buy one again for sure.Also got mine at
Canadian Tire on sale for 30% off which saved me a good chunk of change.They come up in the weekly flyer quite
often,so if your not in a great hurry,that's probably your best bet.Saved about $120.00 on the last one I bought!

Nice thing about Costco is their return policy - 100% full refund, no questions asked if you're not happy with it, so, about as low risk a purchase as you can make. If it works out for you and you like it, keep it. If it fades, tears, straps break or just not happy with it, return it to Costco after your trip for your money back.

Ukee

Costco 1 year warranty if your not happy with it return it......

Make sure to wrap your motors and electrics on trash bags and duct tape. The dust and small stones can be killer. Remember to bring bags and tape for the trip home.

Back