Cordova Bay

S

slayin1993

Is there any fishing in cordova bay area other then elk lake? any creeks?

G.C? Could you explain where abouts this is?

Thanks for the reply!!

Oh you mean the golf course! I know where that is!

They let you fly fish on a golf course?!

It's unwritten. Basic rule is don't keep these big trout, and be off the course before the golfers get to the 17th hole. They don't wan't any injuries. I think 1st tee time is about 6:00 a.m. in the summer. That means you could fish till about 8:30. Probably a bit later now. The best time is a full moon just at sun down. Use floating line with dryflies. Stand on the corner near the 18th teebox and cast towards the 17th green. Keep low.

Tight lines

I grew up in Cordova Bay, and spent hours fishing the creek that runs through what is now the golf course. It was full of cuthroat, and had great sea run cutt fishing where it meets the Bay, all along that shore had the sea runs, some up to 5 or 6 pounds.

If the golf course doen't work, drive 10 minutes. Durrance.Elk /Beaver. Look in the regs for any lake listed at MU1? Lower Vancouver Island is Mu 1/1. ??? Prospect Lake etc. Read your regs, and match up the managemant unit. There is a lot there. Also look at the Back Roads Mapbook. (sold at Walmart).

I grew up in Cordova Bay, and spent hours fishing the creek that runs through what is now the golf course. It was full of cuthroat, and had great sea run cutt fishing where it meets the Bay, all along that shore had the sea runs, some up to 5 or 6 pounds.
I know this thread is old but i was wondering if it is still fish able? I’m near saanichton and I’m trying to find a good place to fly fish other than elk/beaver lake

30 Years ago the SRCT fishing along there was good. Was good at Mt. Doug beach and points between as well. I've walked there quite a bit in the last few years and cast a fly a few times. Not a sighting or a sniff unfortunately.

I fished that creek as a kid in the 60's
I believe it was called Noble creek.
Wild cutthroats up to about 2 lbs.
Saanichton spit might be fishable on the right tide with no wind.

I only have a freshwater fly rod. Do you have any ideas as to creeks/streams near Saanichton or Victoria with SRCT?

There's a trip down memory lane....
Noble Creek...
Cordova Bay...
The 60's...

Gets pretty foggy down memory lane ;)

I tried that creek a few times. No luck. That part is not foggy.

I only have a freshwater fly rod. Do you have any ideas as to creeks/streams near Saanichton or Victoria with SRCT?
Just rinse it off afterwards with fresh water. Best leave those trout alone when they are in those tiny streams. As for catching them at sea, no offense but sea run trout fishers are pretty tight lipped about about hard found hot spots, especially on the internet. The small populations are very vulnerable to overfishing, even if it is c&r. That said Basin Bay has a well publicized population. They are where you find them. Be out there before the sun is on the water and watch for them chasing feed in the shallows.

Back