Cope builds - anyone done one? looking for timeframe...

AndrewH

Hello again,

I am looking for any insider/first-hand experience with building a cope boat in the 22-24' range. Mostly time taken to complete the welding process with the finishing and rigging aside. Also I understand a difference between a backyard boat builder and a proficient shop, I'll take any numbers at this point.

Anyone??? :)

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a yellow point 23!

I’ll be watching this one if you move forward. have been thinking about building one for some time now. The only thing I’m not crazy about is the step down from deck-cabin but I know they can modify the drawings at a cost. I would also consider adding 1’ overall 6” in the cuddy and 6” on the back deck.

have you talked to walker boats? I think they have done some of that model before and have the pictures on their website or social media.

3-5 months. It really depends on how many other builds they have going at the same time and how many welders working on the build at once.

have you talked to walker boats? I think they have done some of that model before and have the pictures on their website or social media.
I suspect back eddy has done them. They build copes. You can find pics of their builds online. They are more reasonable price wise too (at least they were last winter when my buddy went to check out there shop)

This is becoming a tempting option. If i can free up the time id love to have one welded up and finish it out myself.

The cope designs seem to be well regarded, even some of the bigger brands look like they have used them.

Hello again,

I am looking for any insider/first-hand experience with building a cope boat in the 22-24' range. Mostly time taken to complete the welding process with the finishing and rigging aside. Also I understand a difference between a backyard boat builder and a proficient shop, I'll take any numbers at this point.

Anyone??? :)

I'm getting closer to pulling the trigger on a yellow point 23!
Do you prefer that over the Winter Harbour 23? Smaller cabin but more dance floor.

Yes I do prefer the yellow point as it has a little berth up front for a sleep! Not as much dance floor as the winter Harbour but still 100”…. Plenty for me!

You building it or getting it built? Either way, super cool! Cope and CJM got my money once. It was a fair deal!

Look what a fully rigged one is listed for.

Look what a fully rigged one is listed for.

I can't believe they are listing it for that... wow

Back