Conservative Blaine Calkins Hunting & Fishing Town Hall - March 26

searun

If anyone is interested in hearing more about how the Conservatives view hunting and fishing issues, I found this upcoming Town Hall event. I have spent some quality time with Blaine and he is very well informed on fisheries issues. There's a link to the event details attached FYI.

Join us for a Special Hunting & Sportfishing Town Hall in Campbell River

Tuesday, March 26, 2024: 5pm - 6:30pm

Join Conservative MP, Blaine Calkins and North Island - Powell River Conservative Candidate, Aaron Gunn for the latest news on hunting and sportfishing issues and Bill C-21 as it affects hunters.

I was there and thought the meeting went quite well. There were probably close to100 people in the room which was definitely full.

Mr Gunn, who is the local Conservative candidate, was there and was introduced. He spoke briefly on his background and desire to become the local MP. He sounded very professional and genuine.

Mr Calkins, the long-time Conservative MP from Red Deer / Lacombe (Alberta), was then introduced. He spoke for at least 45 minutes, followed by a brief Q & A. While he obviously couldn’t get in to a lot of specifics about the Conservative platform or strategy heading into the next election prior to it being officially released, he did go in to some depth about how he and the Conservative Party feel about our rights to hunt and fish for the publicly owned resources. In brief, they fully support our rights to hunt and fish. That’s the bottom line here, and primarily what this meeting was generally about. When I left at the end of the evening, I was satisfied. I didn’t think that my time had been wasted.

Back