Conservation officer wants you to break the law?

viking46

A couple of weeks ago two of us were fishing from shore at Loon Lake when two Conservation Officers stop by for a spot check. One thing leads to another and we ask is there other lakes nearby that offer some good fishing. They tell us about Estey Lake and Lacy Lake out past the Horne Lake Caves. So, wanting to explore (being new to BC) off we go down a rotten road and get to Estey which looks like a shallow pond with a million deadfalls - so scrap that one. On to Lacy - BUT - when we get there big signs saying Cherry Creek Water Management - NO SWIMMING; NO FISHING! What, the Conservation guys don't know you can't fish in Lacy? Or are they sending us there so we DO fish and then they can nab us?

GRRR (anger). Drove crappy roads to get to a lake with no fishing. Next time I see those guys they owe me 1/2 tank of gas! (at 1.18/L that ain't cheap).

So we went back to Spider Lake and got skunked (again). Enough to make you want to take up golf instead.

Maybe you mis interpeted the CO, I was up Lacy Lake last year and the local CO from PA advised me of the closure and directed me to Esary Lake and Spider. He provided me with a map and good fishing info. We should support the ones that protect our resources.

Sorry mispelled the pond - it was Esary Lake that was the shallow deadfall infested pond. Yes, we support those co"s that care and give you good factual information - this guy didn't. There was no misinterpretation - he said Lacey. The co's who are full of themselves and full of bull - no, we won't support them and the sooner they get promoted to a desk job at HQ - the better.

My fishing bud and I are now looking at going freshwater fishing in the Campbell River area - many more lakes avaiable than mid-island.

i would go take a look out at the lakes around the bamfeild area, lots of the lakes out there offer awesome fishing, ive got myself acouple secret gems out there, get yourself a map and go exploring well worth the trip.....cheers steelyman[^]

Hey steelheadman you are correct Bamfield has some great lakes also the Nitnat area.
Viking take a pill.....![^]You been charged before? [?]You seem bitter.
Loon Lake? You got to get off the highway bro....

Looking at the forstry maps and yes, Bamfield looks interesting. Will check out a few. Nope, never been charged for anything and don't intend to either! Just trying to find some peaceful lakes that have some fish that get hungry for my offerings. Anybody been to Labour ay Lake? Looks like a likely spot.

Sorry - that's supposed to be Labour Day Lake at the end of Cameron main up at Mt. Moriarity.

Yes, gotta get off the highways, but not quite willing to take my Jeep into mud holes yet. So far the logging roads are not bad except for side roads which are quite difficult at times.

i was out at Labour Day on the 11th of june and we did not see one fish rise. little early yet out there i guess.

Back