Comox Valley Reports 2013

White Spit off tree Island for clams and oysters. As far as cooking the sole... this time around it was fried in tempura batter until crisp on the outside.

BTW-- the north end of White spit is a Comox Indian Band lease... so stay closer to Tree island when you are picking.

There is also the rec area south of Union Bay if you dont want to boat over...

Did you folks read the paper yesterday about the new Hotel in Comox? doesnt sound like the Ramp and parking lot are going to be around much longer. Is anyone concerned about this?

http://tidechange.ca/2013/01/27/new-hotel-plan-for-comox-waterfront/

Just did a search and I'm defiantly concerned. I think with enough opposition it will be tough to limit access to the public. I also think inevitably there is going to be alot of opposition. Im really not impressed, we dont need another hotel littering our waterfront and blocking our views of the harbor.

Not sure we are worried about our views of the water Mike. We want ramps to launch our boats

The boat ramp won't be moving, it's not on their property. They only own the old edge water lot and parking lot... Not sure what's wrong with a new hotel, would sure clean things up around there...

The last plan they showed us a few years ago had a land swap and a new boat ramp.
Turned the ramp into a one lane and parking for 6 or so truck/trailers.
They got an ear full and went back to the drawing board.
Have not see the new plans yet so not sure whats up.
I do know they (town) just spent a wack of dough resurfacing the ramp and building a new dock.
Cant see them wasting the money but stranger things have happened.
Will try to take a look at the plans next time I'm down there.
GLG

The last plan they showed us a few years ago had a land swap and a new boat ramp.
Turned the ramp into a one lane and parking for 6 or so truck/trailers.
They got an ear full and went back to the drawing board.
Have not see the new plans yet so not sure whats up.
I do know they (town) just spent a wack of dough resurfacing the ramp and building a new dock.
Cant see them wasting the money but stranger things have happened.
Will try to take a look at the plans next time I'm down there.
GLG

Agreed
The land swap of waterfront property for a non waterfront was meet with huge oppostion, as well loosing some of the park and marina parking.

http://www.howardlandgroup.com/index.php?page=10&did=1957&level=1&type=unique#

A pic of what the plan was... Unless things have changed recently the plan was never to touch the existing parking lot or boat ramp...

That pic shows the hotel on our boat ramp and parking lot.
See the dock in the background,,,, Way to far back ....
Won't jump to conclusions until I see the plans.

On second look at photo something weird going on .. perhaps photoshop out some of the background dock??

Last edited by a moderator:
Skunkaroo nada zippo tough scratchin. Fished Tribune Flora and North end of Hornby not a sniff today. Nice day though for Feb 1st. Saw 3 boats no nets. One guy at the ramp tried Kitty and North end Hornby he reported zip also.

Fishing report Friday Feb 9/13
It was quite nice out there...I was happy just being out..
Harry caught this guy, 5 lber. Let him go again....it was a great day for jigging...
went out towards Hornby backside of Deadman.
Anyone else catchin stuff......P1040291.jpg

Back