Comox harbour

bikeman

Trolled harbour area aand south of Kingfisher then over to Point Holmes. Few fish on sounder but after 6 hrs not a sniff.

I pretty much trolled the same areas for nearly 3 hours today without any action other than one dogfish. Saw one fish rolling on the surface, nothing else. Tried a variety of spoons, hootchies, and plugs.

I went out this morning in Point Holms were it was calm, their was a wind blowing pretty good. Took a spin to first cardinal bouey around 10 or so and their was big 2-3 swells so i called it a day. Gonna try again weekend maybe get some calm waters, should start to pick up soon in are area, always nice to catch something close to home.

Point Holms walking the dog and water was calm, and quite few boats in the bay. People starting to put some time into the area, was reading threads from last year for this time, and it was close to mid September when their was lots of action. Intresting to read from say couple years back on action in certain areas. Talk to older couple at the ramp and they did good last week at Point Holmes, and they put some time into that area.

1 x Chinook 11 lbs caught at 150 feet near red bell bouey in the am around 9 am.Caught quite a few small salmon in the bay when i went in to shallow waters closer to Point Holmes. Boats were out their as it was calm before heading home mid afternoon. Be good to here from other fishers out their fishing this area.

Back