Comox harbour Opening

Cuba Libre

Was on the water in the harbour for about 2 hrs yesterday, saw a seal with a fish, but that was it. Did anyone fish the afternoon/evening??

Also- tried the LittleQ, but it was dead.

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Hey CL, thank you for a great day on the water....... nice tin boat! :D The wife and I had a great feed of Flounder last night, thanks to your generousity. SS

seaswirlstiper.jpg

Yer welcome-- my pleasure. Founders and sole may not be trophies-- but MAN!! They sure eat nice!!!!

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Fished the Comox Harbour on Saturday and C&R a mid teen. Went outside and not a sniff. Fished on Sunday afternoon and not a sniff inside or out. Went to Big Q on Monday AM and only had two hits. One to the boat and the other LDR. I would say the fish are not here yet unless they swam up the Puntledge already. May be someone could check. GLG

Yup-- just did that. The word is that although a few fall fish have trickled in, its very slow. The hatchery assist. manager figures its way too early to get depressed. Quinsam is not seeing much in the way of chinooks either. So----- until further notice..THEY ARE ON THE WAY!!!:)

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

CL good news then. Thanks for checking. Did you here what the summer run was? GLG

i was out yesterday. pt holmes outside bouies saw lots of feed at the surface , sounder picked up some bait balls, saw no seals. didnt even catch a dog[V]

I was out yesterday,7:00am until 3:30 pm, fished Lazo,can buoy and the harbour, we caught 4 feeder springs, too small, and one dogfish.
did hear one boat got 3 keepers just by us, but all we got was feeders.
Don

was at the big q hatchery last thurs one of the employees saud they had let about 200 up the river and estimated about another 400 below the fence fished the big last night bite came on just at dusk saw 6 fish taken

Good to know they're at the big Q, but where are the Puntledge fish? This is by far the worst year I have ever known!!:(

Anyone out there today? Seen about a dozen boats trolling. They where pretty spread out though. Giving it a shot tommorow morning. Will report then.;) eman

It's all good

Fished from 7-11 inside and outside the harbour and didn't see much action. Missed the tide change though. It's going to happen lads.
Last year there were springs with sea lice in the Puntledge in early October.
The river is low, hope it stays that way for a bit.

I was in one of them boats. Nothing for me. GLG

I was going to fish the high tide. Think I'll save the gas for when there here. If there coming?:( eman

It's all good

caught a 15lber at littl q in about 45 feet of water with anchovie.high slack was the major bite,perfect conditions..
only fish all weekend for me. out in front of norris/tribune all day today nada:(. started at 7 am, i burned out around 4 pm. few seals..

selfish-1-1.jpg

Back