Comox Harbour 2010

Still slow, but should build now as the river discharge is down.

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Ya-- we took note of how bright that fish was--Mint! We went in shortly after that. nada for us...

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

Here is a pic of the one we got while jigging for flounder by the buoy.

accidents can be fun sometimes:D

45019_426613166548_523971548_5477190_1311249_n.jpg

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

This year has turned out to be a great year locally...... LOVE IT!!

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

A few of the springs I've caught in 14-11 this week were so dark and nasty looking, you'd think they've been up the puntledge to the hatchery and back! [xx(] One undersize and one 17 today, and a 12 the other night.

Ya Duffer I thought so too.

Gave it a try again Friday afternoon evening. Only managed one pink ,and one undersized Chinook.the pink was a good sized male.(Heading for the smoker)

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Had one on last night snapped the line and the top half of my rod went flying like a bullet in the other direction never had that one happen in 25 yrs of fishing it must of flew 100 yds...

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

quote:Originally posted by Duffer

Had one on last night snapped the line and the top half of my rod went flying like a bullet in the other direction never had that one happen in 25 yrs of fishing it must of flew 100 yds...

kittyjuly1409055-1.jpg

Dam..must have been one hell-a-big Dogfish to do that!:D;)

we got out to the east cardinal and and the can, fished the shelf and caught a keeper spring and a nice chum, released lots of undersised springs. no sox,seen lots of jumpers. fished between 50-75 feet, 1 spoon and 1 flash, everything i put on caught fish exept pink squirts? go figure....

Went to the east cardinal buoy on Monday, 2pm till 7pm.
Plenty of hits with many undersize springs to the boat.
Managed a 25lb into the box at 7pm.
Bright fish that hit just moments after I made the call to go home.
Fish was caught in 65 feet of water with the spoon at 50 feet.
No flasher and using a 6in. watermelon spoon.
GLG

I think the first afternoon after this couple days of rain might be a good time to try. The rain might bring some of these big guys out of hiding.

steve

050.JPG

Well, where are they? Tortuga took me out for five hours yesterday. Everything was thrown at them and not one legal fish to the boat. Thinking about going out today but I am not sure where to go.

Back