Comox / Campbell River Report

Was out all day yesterday and not a sniff on the morning tide but decided to stay for the afternoon tide and hiot a 14lb spring on a white hoochy. So all in all it was a great day! It was hot and sunny and flat calm and man could that fish fight! It was probably the most fun I've had with a fish that small! I was behind Flora island off the tip of Hornby in a 150 feet of water and down 130 feet. Hope this helps someone else! Fish on....... the BBQ!! haha

SW COWBOY

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

Well I made it out off Flora and caught one spring about 14lbs and that was it. 10 other boats and no hits combined. Then I fished the hump off Kitty Coleman the following evening and I saw 20 boats and 0 bites!! Lot's of bait but nothing feeding on it! Well tha about sums up how the fishing has gotten on ECVI the last few years!

SW COWBOY

Well I made it out off Flora and caught one spring about 14lbs and that was it. 10 other boats and no hits combined. Then I fished the hump off Kitty Coleman the following evening and I saw 20 boats and 0 bites!! Lot's of bait but nothing feeding on it! Well tha about sums up how the fishing has gotten on ECVI the last few years!

SW COWBOY

Any news on the local front? I have mixed results down off Flora and inside in tribune bay but that's about it! Any news from you other local guys?

Thanks

SW COWBOY

Any recent news on the fishing around the Valley ie: kitty coleman, point holmes, tribune bay etc..?? I've been away for a while and am heading out tonight! Thanks for the info!

SW COWBOY

SW Cowboy haven't fished around Comox but think I saw you in Alberni Inlet last week. Try Port Renfrew if you have time - from what I hear it's starting to pick up. So is north of Campbell River. If I had time and live around Comox and wanted something close other than Port Alberni I would start looking at Brown's Bay/Separation Head this time of year. Get to know Brown's Bay/Separation Head and up the strait as far as Phillips Arm, it should be picking up there now.

Do you own a GW 209? If so, very nice boat. I am thinking of possibly picking up the same rig and would appreciate any suggestions you may have. I am thinking used from the US and if possible with a T-top. What power do you have, how do you find the ride in rough seas, particularly stuff over 3 ft with a short wave period. I understand it's the same hull as the 208. Send me a pesonal email if you can.

Edited by - salmon9 on 07/13/2005 19:22:25

Hey Salmon 9 I tried emailing you twice to your address posted and it came back delivery failure. So if you have another email let me know as I have some good info for you plus a GW 209 for sale that is a great boat!

SW COWBOY, Brook

Lighthouse was great on Wed am. Haven't hear how it was yesterday or this am. Guys using hootchies, spoons and plugs. Fish also at Chatham, Thurston, Hall Pt Greensea.. Brown's has slowed down a lot, as has Deepwater. Most guys towing anchovy 100ft plus.

Hey Salmon9....there's a Grady for sale at Boatcountry in Dagmar, located just this side of Seattle. Might be a bit big for ya. They are asking 35KUS BUT they are brokers for the owners so they really drop the prices if you haggle with them. They could come down to 25K or less...you never know with these guys.

http://boatcountry.com/

25' Grady White 1988

Twin 200 Yamaha's & '01 EZ Loader trailer

Asking $34,995US

http://boatcountry.com/

Thank you yammy 5 for the Grady info. SW Cowboy I am having difficulty correcting my email address listed, however, I sent you an email.

Back