Commies spoke to city council

Prawn Star

Just an FYI that representatives of the Commercial Fishermen's Association spoke to Campbell River City Council last night. Apparently their "spin" was well received by council. Perhaps our sportie coalition should do the same???

Just an FYI that representatives of the Commercial Fishermen's Association spoke to Campbell River City Council last night. Apparently their "spin" was well received by council. Perhaps our sportie coalition should do the same???

Forgetting for the moment that the economic and job generating benefits of the sport sector in Campbell River far outpace the commercial sector, I would suggest the city politicians take a drive around the local marinas and count the small private boats. Then take a ride around the community and count up all the business’s that make a living off of the recreational fishery, then count up the small boats in yards, driveways and storage facilities; then think of them as votes.

Boats for Votes - I like it!

If they do start to count, don't just count one boat - one vote.

One Boat:
Owner= 1vote
Wifey= 1vote
Fishing Buddy/Budduies= 1-2 or 3votes
Children (possibly)= 1+votes
Freinds/Relatives (local only)= ?? votes

All of these people are part of the "Fishing Tree" that grows from one single sport fishing recreational boat, and then it spreads from there as we all know to the marinas, tackle, safety, coffe shop, chandlery, maintenance shop, gas, food, on and on and on it goes. When you start to think about it we are a lot bigger than we often give ourselves credit for, and when we all yell together, "someone" is gonna hear it.

Yes indeed, I would suggest the CR Guide's Association should be contacted to approach counsel. Interestingly, the mayor is a long time sport fisherman who likes to catch his share of hali's. I would be very surprised if a delegation of sport fishers got anything less than a warm welcome. :cool:

Yes indeed, I would suggest the CR Guide's Association should be contacted to approach counsel. Interestingly, the mayor is a long time sport fisherman who likes to catch his share of hali's. I would be very surprised if a delegation of sport fishers got anything less than a warm welcome. :cool:
Good idea. Go see Charlie Cornfield. He used to work for the B.C. Wildlife Federation which represents thousands of recreational anglers.

I believe he has been contacted if fact I know he has....Harry from cr guides assoc will be back in the next few days from holidays and I will follow up with him

Hit your local Chamber of Commerce as well.

This organization has some pull and I'd venture to guess there are no commies involved in most. Slipper skippers for sure!

Promoting small to medium sized business is what they are about and tackle shops, B&Bs, Lodges, guides, general stores...

Every organization that can be of value should be looked at. Our local Chamber is on board.

Back