Colourd coho/chinook maps for area 25 and 27?

spring fever

I have spent considerable time searching the DFO website and cannot find the coloured area maps which used to show where all the open/closed areas are and where the various slot sizes are.-anybody have a link please?

Last edited by a moderator:
They were taken down last weekend when they did their system maintenance and when they added the new FN0540 notice.
Patience!! we are dealing with the dfo here remember, not the fastest group of people, in our thinking.
I'm sure they will be up in a few days..............not much different than the Fish & Game L.E.H. results, they use to come
out in mid/late June then July 2...........................and now it's July 4 and still nothing.

Strange....they seem to be gone for a number of areas? Maybe they are just doing them up with the recent change in coho regs? Not sure if the spring regs changed over there with the slot limits but I can only think of that being a possible reason?

Haha....dm posted as I was typing and I think we both are on the same page with the reason. ;)

Here are some maps of 27 and 127 that I scanned from hard copies.

Attachments

• 27.127Chinook.jpg
    27.127Chinook.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 27.127Coho.jpg
    27.127Coho.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 446
  • Part of 27 & 127.jpg
    Part of 27 & 127.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 446
AIK, these maps are outdated now, if you check the chinook opening for area 27 , there are no Chinook restrictions as for size( ie the 77cm rule) and the area from Cliff Point closes for Chinook retention as of Aug 01

AIK, these maps are outdated now, if you check the chinook opening for area 27 , there are no Chinook restrictions as for size( ie the 77cm rule) and the area from Cliff Point closes for Chinook retention as of Aug 01

I don't believe you are correct on this one. That would mean that all the slot sizes are gone from Nootka around the monument and one over one under inside Nootka and also one over one under in Quotsino. There is no way that would happen without a fisheries notice-they just haven't put up the maps yet. Ignore it at your peril. It will be posted by the launch ramps up there but I sure would like to study it before I go so I can plan out the trip.

Again I will say it: DFO needs to dumb it down. Experienced fisherman can hardly interpret all the fine details. Nootka chinook and coho retention and catch location is an unmitigated disaster,with little to no way of enforcing it. You can't blame people for the confusion.

I agree with RiverBoy. Considering the repercussions of making a mistake interpreting the "rules" of the water... I am new to fishing, and I feel like I need a lawyer in my boat to help weed through the legalities of my local area. They should have plain and simple rules for all the sports fisherman for all areas.

The maps that I showed are from June 1, 2014.

I just looked at the updated regulations and I believe what "robertg" stated is correct.

Now we are chasing all over a fishing forum to look at some individuals scanned posts. Can we please have a link to the real thing? That's the fisherman's bible we must follow. Even when the Chinook and Coho maps were on the DFO site, they were extremely difficult to locate. Why is it that searching in Google sometimes give more hits than inside the DFO site. It really is a frustrating mess to sort through. Maybe DFO should consider contracting out the site construction to Google and quit looking like a bunch of Yahoos.

I don't believe you are correct on this one. That would mean that all the slot sizes are gone from Nootka around the monument and one over one under inside Nootka and also one over one under in Quotsino. There is no way that would happen without a fisheries notice-they just haven't put up the maps yet. Ignore it at your peril. It will be posted by the launch ramps up there but I sure would like to study it before I go so I can plan out the trip.

springfever, go and read the the regs from the DFO site for area 27 there is no mention of a size limit, as you can see by AIK 's response he is in agreement. Not saying they won't change later but for now its in writing

springfever, go and read the the regs from the DFO site for area 27 there is no mention of a size limit, as you can see by AIK 's response he is in agreement. Not saying they won't change later but for now its in writing
I won't start a p---ing contest with you but the regulations are still in force and just because you haven't got them will do you no good. The regulations will be posted at the boat ramps and marina"s. I agree it is a ridiculous situation but the regs are still in force!! You will see them in the next few days!!

Back