Classic Fishing Picture

Barbender

I love these old pictures from days gone by. Believe it or not back then once the picture was taken the fish would be dumped into the Ocean. The tuna would be turned into cat food. Unfortunately these giants no longer roam the oceans. Most of these pics were taken in the 30's and 40's by the late great Zane Gray.
tuna.jpg

recordmarlin.jpg

2marlin.jpg

marlin2.jpg

Nice post. Love the pics. Have you read "The Old Man and the Sea" by Ernie H. If you like those pics, I bet you would enjoy that story.

It starts like this... "He was and old man who fished alone in a skiff in the Fulf Stream and he had gone eighty-four days now without taking a fish".

incrediable pictures of the blue fin tuna, can you imagine, Cat Food !

i read somewhere that the world blue fin tuna population is at 3 % of historic levels. Sad.

Thanks for the pictures

I love those pics! I've been spending time on utube. You guys gotta check this out! Punch in spearfishing black marlin or bluefin tuna. Awsome vids.

Here is a pic of Zanes world record marlin. A record that stands to this day. Amazing fish. As for the old man and the sea. I have read it. Marula your right about world Tuna populations they are almost all gone. They are working on farming them in Japan but dont tell Alexandra Morton She will most likely have a problem with that too.
marlin.jpg

Back