Chum Run at Browns

S

Still Learnin

Has anyone been out this week at Browns? Any action/update on the Chum run. Its been a bit slow so far this year they should be down in numbers soon. Hopefully by durby day.

I am going up Saturday. Anybody else gonna be out? Would be interested in hearing a recent report as well.

Category(s):
COMMERCIAL - Salmon: Seine

Fishery Notice - Fisheries and Oceans Canada

Subject: FN0776-Commercial - Salmon: Seine- Area B - Areas 12, 13 - Johnstone Strait Chum

In the first seine opening on October 01, 105,000 chum were caught by 100
vessels (58 in Area 12, 42 in Area 13). 130 vessels were modelled in the first
opening which was 30 vessels more than actually fished. This reduction in
effort will result in some additional fishing time being available from what
was identified in the preseason plan. The second seine opening is scheduled for
Monday October 22 for 10 hours. It is anticipated that additional time will be
added to this fishery on the following day, Tuesday October 23. The duration of
the additional fishing time will be confirmed on Monday October 22 following
confirmation of effort in the October 22 fishery.

The next update to the Area B fleet will be in the PM Thursday October 18.

Was up there on this past friday. Got there around 930, and on the water by 10ish. Fished until around 230. Had one bite, and came home one really nice crome chum. Tons of commercial boats out. We were at deepwater, and i could count 20 boats within my sight. About an hour before we started coming in, the gillnet boats started coming out. there were tons of fish on the finder until around 12ish, then they all disappeared. Talked to some people on the dock, and they had 6 in the boat by 9am. Sounds like its an early bite.

cheers,

Oglthorpe, I'll be going up for Saturday and Sunday with a couple friends...Hopefully ther'll be some fish around.
What boat are you in??

I'll be out in a 20' trophy, dark blue canvas roof. What are you gonna be out in?

18.5' double eagle, black top. I'll look for you when we're out. What vhf channel are you on??

Im trying to find a way up for saturday, not sure if the mustang will pull the boat [V]

If I see someone playing a chum floating in their life jacket I will know that you made it salty.:D

Not sure what channel I will be on. I have only been up there once. 68 or 69? Anybody know?

Ill be somewhere around Browns today, just look for the Ogre and His brother standing out back a white Bayline <Integrity>

<3

Klink

Hey CA, nothing too shabby about a 12 lb Hatchery...:) Have a great trip to Mexico and I will see you when we get back, perhaps some Antelope steaks to go with those prawns!:D Striper Sniper

Fished from 8-3, got 1 10lbs Chum at about 10am, lots of people hooking in around us, also a lot of people getting nothing at all, seen a few big clouds on the fish finder

When I gutted my chum, she had nothing in her stomach, I thought it was a little strange but I dont know enough yet to base anything off of an empty stomach... While I was gutting 2 boats came in with 4 chum each, biggest I saw was about 15lbs

Anyways we got good practice in for the derby, there had to be about 50-60 boats in Plumpers today lol

Klink

Fished from 12:30 until about 4. Saw Saltybeaver out there pounding the lucksters and the chum.

We hooked four and landed three. Biggest 17 smallest 13.

Was a GONG show in Plumper. But everyone cooperating so it worked well.

Will be back tomorrow with the wife.

Well I dont know where all you guys were fishing today, but we were hammering them. Don't know what you were using, but sharp hooks work real good. Limited out in 4 hours, released lots. If my friend from the West Vancouver fishery could operate a net, we would have had a great hatchery Coho. MP 15's, MB 182's 50-70 feet. Was thinking about fishing tomorrow, but looks like I have some Smokin' to do.

Was out at Deepwater Bay 7:30 to 10:30am on Saturday. My derby partner landed a 14lb chum (on standard chum gear). I got zip. Was testing some new gear and it went the wrong way. LOL. Did not see any action in other boats. When was the bite there guys?
GLG

Was out Saturday at about 9:30 with my buddy and his brother and girlfriend who aren't fishermen. Half hour 3 of the 4 rods go off. Landed all three. By the end of the day we had 9 in the boat. Nothing big, with biggest around 12 or 13. Lots of good smokers and even one nice red one that will be dinner tonight.

I stayed out from the boats more in the middle and seemed to do well. Watch out for those whirl pools, they weren't bad for the most part, but one turned us right around, tangled two of our rods.

Salty, I think I saw you out. Was there 4 of you in a wellcraft?

Osama, was that you in the explorer with the custom looking flat hard top?

We were in a Trophy, with a 200 Johnson on the back.

Had a good day and the weather was great.

Was a great day out there today..Did anyone see guy in the large sriper "Amazonia" (fairly new boat)that decided to cut across everyone in the current???
He proceeded to yell at us that we should turn left out of his way when he was cutting us off ( could not make the turn in the current)... We had to put the boat in reverse to avoid him and he did come withing 1-2 feet of nailing us..
Let me say someone needs to give the guy a talking to....

Hey islandgirl i believe Banned forum member Joe.s was running that boat Amazonia if im not mistaken!!!

We saw him as well, my old man was like, This *******s not trying to avoid anyone he trying to push his way through...

Klink

Back