chroni action

ya me in the drift boat or "banana boat" as the boys in spandex called it. A bit of a train wreck day since we forgot our bow anchor and a number of other crucial supplies [}:)]

Was that you picking fish off the point down in beaver?

Careful steeliehead my daughter is one of those rowers. I was volunteering on the weekend in a safety boat looking out for the fishermen. We have worked hard to get along with every user group out there. The regatta's are clearly posted on what weekend there's a regatta. What would you rather have, 200 kids on drugs breaking into your car. So maybe think next time you decide to beek off..

Careful steeliehead my daughter is one of those rowers. I was volunteering on the weekend in a safety boat looking out for the fishermen. We have worked hard to get along with every user group out there. The regatta's are clearly posted on what weekend there's a regatta. What would you rather have, 200 kids on drugs breaking into your car. So maybe think next time you decide to beek off..

Yeah I see your point and I am sure your daughter is a good kid/person along with the rest of them, but it is on a daily basis that I, along with most other boats almost get hit by them because they do not watch where they are going and they come up so quickly and quietly. Just the other day a boat was hit by some careless rower and had a good sized hole put in it, do you think the rower took the blame and stayed around, of course not, the person just took off and the gentleman in the fishing boat that was hit did not get a good description because it happened so fast. Instead he had to rush to shore to stop from sinking because the hole was so big and was on the bottom of his brand new porta-boat, the police were called, but I am not sure what happened then. That is only one reason I hate rowers. I have been fishing there since I was a kid and always had problems with them. Some threatening me, telling me that I was in the wrong, for being anchored somewhere in the lake. If I get hit again by one of these rowers and one were to finally break one of my Sage fly rods or rip it into the lake, I can assure you they would be swimming to shore. Especially if it is one of those queers with the dyed hair. Oh and I dislike them too.

Yeah I see your point and I am sure your daughter is a good kid/person along with the rest of them, but it is on a daily basis that I, along with most other boats almost get hit by them because they do not watch where they are going and they come up so quickly and quietly. Just the other day a boat was hit by some careless rower and had a good sized hole put in it, do you think the rower took the blame and stayed around, of course not, the person just took off and the gentleman in the fishing boat that was hit did not get a good description because it happened so fast. Instead he had to rush to shore to stop from sinking because the hole was so big and was on the bottom of his brand new porta-boat, the police were called, but I am not sure what happened then. That is only one reason I hate rowers. I have been fishing there since I was a kid and always had problems with them. Some threatening me, telling me that I was in the wrong, for being anchored somewhere in the lake. If I get hit again by one of these rowers and one were to finally break one of my Sage fly rods or rip it into the lake, I can assure you they would be swimming to shore. Especially if it is one of those queers with the dyed hair. Oh and I dislike them too.

I gotta agree, I was almost hit on saturday making my way to the ramp. To us not in the rowing community it appears that the rowers do not look/care if people are in their way nor do they understand that as a vessel they need to abide by the rules of navigation on practice or race days.

I gotta agree, I was almost hit on saturday making my way to the ramp. To us not in the rowing community it appears that the rowers do not look/care if people are in their way nor do they understand that as a vessel they need to abide by the rules of navigation on practice or race days.

I tried really hard to stay out of their way on Saturday but still managed to get yelled at a few times for being in their way. It is a great activity for youth but please, a little respect. A friend of mine was flipped over in his tube last year after a collision with a rower and if he hadn't the prescence of mind to cut himself out there would have been a fatality. Not enough spotter boats in my opinion. What is the rule on that, I thought each scull needed a boat to watch with the requisite safety gear on board.

I tried really hard to stay out of their way on Saturday but still managed to get yelled at a few times for being in their way. It is a great activity for youth but please, a little respect. A friend of mine was flipped over in his tube last year after a collision with a rower and if he hadn't the prescence of mind to cut himself out there would have been a fatality. Not enough spotter boats in my opinion. What is the rule on that, I thought each scull needed a boat to watch with the requisite safety gear on board.

There is suppose to be a spotter boat with every quad and eight.. The doubles and singles do and don't, depending on coaching.. Right now things are in high gear for the push too the Olympic's. Rowing Canada is the big problem when it comes down to it.. They think they own the lake, Wrong !! If there's an accident or verbal abuse then report it to the club, the coach's take it seriously. I will pass the message along.

There is suppose to be a spotter boat with every quad and eight.. The doubles and singles do and don't, depending on coaching.. Right now things are in high gear for the push too the Olympic's. Rowing Canada is the big problem when it comes down to it.. They think they own the lake, Wrong !! If there's an accident or verbal abuse then report it to the club, the coach's take it seriously. I will pass the message along.

Hey Fins.

Good on you daughter for pick a activity outdoors and on the water. I don't think she and the rest of the younger learning groups are the problem. I have to agree with the other guys on the majority of the rowers don't look or care for the fisherman. I have had the same problem for 10 years and have had oars go right over my head in my tube and then have the guy tell me to watch where the f%$# i'm going!

Back