Christmas Idea For A Peetz Fisherman

Cool....I'm looking for a Peetz Reel alarm clock....anybody see one around for sale let me know would be appreciated

can anybody identify the age of this one looks like a peetz thot it might be in your book and may give an .approximate age and/or if it is a peetz . There is no ratchet on this just drag Thanks005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 287
Last edited by a moderator:
just search peetz fishing clock on ebay there is one listed there

Yes google works great most times but I'm not finding what I'm looking for with it...(new in box) just thought I'd throw that 1st post out there in case someone has seen one around lately. Cheers and Merry Christmas

can anybody identify the age of this one looks like a peetz thot it might be in your book and may give an .approximate age and/or if it is a peetz . There is no ratchet on this just drag ThanksView attachment 9789View attachment 9790View attachment 9791

I suspect yours is not a Peetz, but rather one of the early English wooden reels they used for salmon fishing... You might find it if you search for antique wooden English salmon reels. If I find it, I will post a link too.

This link gives some idea of what is out there. https://www.google.ca/search?q=Vint...0OpLgsATAgYLgCQ&ved=0CEQQsAQ&biw=1152&bih=577

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool....I'm looking for a Peetz Reel alarm clock....anybody see one around for sale let me know would be appreciated

A year or two back I asked at the Peetz factory if they would be making anymore of the Alarm Clock Reels and was told that the company in China that made the internal electronics for it disappeared/went out of business and took with it the design and prototypes necessary to make more. Looks like that was the end of them, only used ones available now.

Found one that and bought it this am. $100 bucks to the door. Estate sale said it was a display in dads office...will see when it arrives

Found one that and bought it this am. $100 bucks to the door. Estate sale said it was a display in dads office...will see when it arrives

Lucky you....those links the FA posted the ebay one does not ship to Canada and the other is having problems at the factory. An attractive item and Finished Business was very well priced and in my back yard....damn...:(

I have had a few of the alarm clocks, they are very cool. None work now.
The mechanism does fail and according to Peetz, they can't source it any longer.
So, I have inserted a clock face bought at Lee Valley. No alarm, but still looks good.
I would love to somehow capture the alarm sound and make it my alarm tone on my smartphone...

The guy in Chilliwack isn't selling the alarm clock models. He is selling the small fly reel clock models.

I have had a few of the alarm clocks, they are very cool. None work now.
The mechanism does fail and according to Peetz, they can't source it any longer.
So, I have inserted a clock face bought at Lee Valley. No alarm, but still looks good.
I would love to somehow capture the alarm sound and make it my alarm tone on my smartphone...

The guy in Chilliwack isn't selling the alarm clock models. He is selling the small fly reel clock models.

I had one that stopped working correctly and took it into the Factory which is not all that far from where I live. They were able to fix it without replacing the mechanism so you can get lucky and it is worth keeping a non working mechanism for parts even if it cannot be repaired. If it is really toast your solution is a good a one.

Back