Chineese Diesel Heaters - Extras

Yes, no doubt a person can make a few improvements to the Chinese heaters. I sealed the entire exhaust system, including the muffler edges, wrapped the tubing with the heat resistant tape, then covered it with a larger diameter, flexible steel tube for safety - both for heat and for potential CO leaks. The muffler is close to the thru- hull, just past the gooseneck. The ends of the small tube are wrapped with the tape and then the larger, outer tube is clamped in place.
I guess a way to prove it , is simply run the heater with a carb monoxide monitor and if it doesnt whistle off ... everything is safe
Oh ya i love the look of those SS pipe supports those will make it a tidy installation I might have to order a pair of those. nice work, looks like you are collecting some good pieces to get this project underway. the heat shield is a clever idea as well , does it have an adhesive backing on it?
Yup it sure does, well at least it said so , will let you know how it sticks when I get it up in a few weeks, says it hold tight used under vehicles to protect from exhaust so cant see why it can't add as a little more protection after exhaust wrapped where close to any fiberglass

Here are my fuel related extras I'll be setting up with my chineese deisel heater.
I replaced the following that was supplied in the kit
Fuel Tank
Fuel Filter
Copper line
SS Fuel line (just to join up fittings to copper)
SS Jubilee clamps (clips)
Syringe (just used to prime the system )

PSX_20220217_213130.jpg

Last edited:
My 2 cents is don't use the muffler. I did that once a long time ago. It will absorb things. It's a pos.

My 2 cents is don't use the muffler. I did that once a long time ago. It will absorb things. It's a pos.
100% , put the exhaust together today without the muffler, agree not needed and only an extra risk of a leak. Besides wint hear it when my 200hp is running lol or when I'm on the hook miles away from anyone lol

100% , put the exhaust together today without the muffler, agree not needed and only an extra risk of a leak. Besides wint hear it when my 200hp is running lol or when I'm on the hook miles away from anyone lol
What are you using for ducting? Looks like your heater has the 4 42mm outlets. I couldn’t find more of the stuff that came with my heater but found defrost ducting from gates that works perfectly.

What are you using for ducting? Looks like your heater has the 4 42mm outlets. I couldn’t find more of the stuff that came with my heater but found defrost ducting from gates that works perfectly.
I am fine with the stuff they sent , because my vent locations are very close just had to buy some couplers and 4 vents. I am also going to wrap the ducts with thermal wrap like this because one runs in Cuddy for 3 ft , to protect me more than anything. You have a link for gates ?
Is it 42mm

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220218-204918_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220218-204918_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 29
I am fine with the stuff they sent , because my vent locations are very close just had to buy some couplers and 4 vents. I am also going to wrap the ducts with thermal wrap like this because one runs in Cuddy for 3 ft , to protect me more than anything. You have a link for gates ?
Is it 42mm
It’s specs are 1.75” or 44mm. It’s a perfect snug fit on the heater.

It’s specs are 1.75” or 44mm. It’s a perfect snug fit on the heater.

I can't seem to get a price how much was it all in (taxes , postage yada yada yada) and how long did it take you to get it ?
Its a 6ft length ?
Was it mailed to ya ?

I can't seem to get a price how much was it all in (taxes , postage yada yada yada) and how long did it take you to get it ?
Its a 6ft length ?
Was it mailed to ya ?
Lordco has it. Our price at work was $36 before tax for a 6 foot length. It will likely cost you a bit more if you don’t have an account to buy through

Lordco has it. Our price at work was $36 before tax for a 6 foot length. It will likely cost you a bit more if you don’t have an account to buy through
Just use Coast Mountain Bus Co.

Got my exaust portion of my heater done (except 2 wall clamps to go on air intake to pull it away from exaust a bit more) This is not a recommended way, just my way and you should seek advice of professionals for installation. Next venting

Attachments

• 20220222_142826.jpg
    20220222_142826.jpg
    353 KB · Views: 133
  • 20220222_142834.jpg
    20220222_142834.jpg
    469.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20220222_142855.jpg
    20220222_142855.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 120
  • 20220222_143005(0).jpg
    20220222_143005(0).jpg
    180 KB · Views: 114
  • 20220222_143121.jpg
    20220222_143121.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 20220222_143538.jpg
    20220222_143538.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 141
Got my exaust portion of my heater done (except 2 wall clamps to go on air intake to pull it away from exaust a bit more) This is not a recommended way, just my way and you should seek advice of professionals for installation. Next venting
Nice job. The only observation I would make is that by moving the heater up and to the left your exhaust ducting will be a fair bit shorter - which is a good thing.

Nice job. The only observation I would make is that by moving the heater up and to the left your exhaust ducting will be a fair bit shorter - which is a good thing.
Forsure, but wasnt quite sure how close I wanted it to that rug / fiberglass hull.

Forsure, but wasnt quite sure how close I wanted it to that rug / fiberglass hull.
Mine runs very cool except for the exhaust. You could put in a spaced, sheet metal heat shield if concerned.

Just notice by someone my exhaust drain is not the lowest point , I will adjust it so it is , even with the goose neck , I put in a drain , so may as well make it functional if needed. Kinda over kill I know with the goose neck and heat of the exhaust burning off the moisture but better safe then sorry I say hahaha

Back