Changes are coming

terrin

Seattle-based Trident Seafoods will look for buyers for four shoreside plants in Alaska, including for its nearly year-round operations in Kodiak and three seasonal plants in Ketchikan and Petersburg in Southeast Alaska and False Pass in the eastern Aleutian Islands, according to a prepared statement from the company.6 hours ago
1702529991284-jpeg.100684

https://www.adn.com › 2023/12/13

Trident Seafoods will overhaul Alaska operations, plans to sell 4 ...

Attachments

• 1702529991284.jpeg
    1702529991284.jpeg
    525 bytes · Views: 224
Well I can tell you , from a long retired commercial fisherman this story is like Deja Vu from the Canadian industry , the beginning of the end. I miss all the days aboard the three boats I Captained in my 35 year career but feel so fortunate that I made the hardest and best decision of my life to sell and leave our fishery here. I feel for my American brothers who have some very hard decisions to make in the future. I love sport fishing but my heart has never left my commercial days

Last edited:
Same is happening here with the recreational fishery. The good ol days are past us now, and "harvest transformation" is the new buzz word to describe less is more.

sports fishing is not going anywhere it's just getting more expensive. It will always be around for people that have lots of money, were just loosing out easy accessible fishery's for the average joe, close to populated areas.

also didn't alaska increase there gillnet fleet by 100's of licenses only a few years ago.

Back