CBC tonight at 9PM

Just watched it. Pretty brutal how that is going on. As has been said before, this next election is Trudeau's to lose, so either Harper or Trudeau pretty much. As much as I think it will be Trudeau, one thing no one can do is underestimate the Prime Minister.

The scary part is I don't think Trudeau or the Liberals have anything together for this coming election. He is just a son of a past Prime Minister with conflicted views.

The only hope is that there are people behind him that have some kind of clue how to run the country. I do believe the Liberal war chest is growing and will continue growing up to the election. I just hope there is a team to lead the lamb so to speak. I don't have any faith in the man as a Prime Minister.

I am disappointed with our current Government as well with the "economy". Just look at the spending!!! I thought they were called Conservative for a reason:confused:. They sure haven't shown it. Sure the Alberta Tar Sands are driving the economy but we as Canadians are being looked at quite poorly by all other nations of the world except China. This is my biggest concern. This is not the Canada that I grew up in. This Country is becoming something else. Need I say something close to us down South :(.

Last edited by a moderator:
The scary part is I don't think Trudeau or the Liberals have anything together for this coming election. He is just a son of a past Prime Minister with conflicted views.

The only hope is that there are people behind him that have some kind of clue how to run the country. I do believe the Liberal war chest is growing and will continue growing up to the election. I just hope there is a team to lead the lamb so to speak. I don't have any faith in the man as a Prime Minister.

I am disappointed with our current Government as well with the "economy". Just look at the spending!!! I thought they were called Conservative for a reason:confused:. They sure haven't shown it. Sure the Alberta Tar Sands are driving the economy but we as Canadians are being looked at quite poorly by all other nations of the world except China. This is my biggest concern. This is not the Canada that I grew up in. This Country is becoming something else. Need I say something close to us down South :(.

X2 I agree. Neil young was up there and saw the devastation. its unbelieveable, just terrible

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts...rights-oil-sands-development/article16315170/

Neil Young should stop pumping gas in his cars and flying around the world using jet fuel. What a joke.

Hey Neil...you would be singing your song 'Helpless' right now if it wasn't for the fact that Alberta was a part of Canada, and the revenues from it's oil sands and natural gas keeps your royal butt warm at night. You might still be searching for a 'Heart Of Gold', but without this province and the 60 years and the true efforts of Albertans, many of your brothers here in Canada would be left cold, and in the dark. Of course, all of his ramblings being stated as he enjoys the warmth of the California sun. What a true Canadian hypocrite! By the way...do you know Justin Trudeau or David Suzuki? lol.....

And not to forget GLG.....
http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/...237001/war-on-canadas-resources/3050013743001

Hmm, electric car, cost one million, did not use any oil, What did he use for lubricant?
How much plastic? What are CDs made from.

The Oilsands are not the first and only man made issue to hit Fort Chippewan.

The WAC Bennett dam on the Peace River, the pulp mills on the Peace and The Athabasca, all the farm drainage from both rivers, and that is a considerable amount.

Hmm, music written on paper, maybe he is not literate.

What he is doing is commendable but he is only using what suits his needs.

"What he is doing is commendable but he is only using what suits his needs."

In terms of information, sure. And, CAPP, the feds, the BC/Alberta provincials and a lot of posters here do too. Myself included!

When asked why he moved to the US he said cause "it's the best Fracking country in the world". Lol

http://youtu.be/g9-iOntU0cc

Neil Youngs diesel powered tour bus.

Neil Young, the ’60s-era folk singer and drug lifestyle icon, has come to Canada to lecture us about the oilsands.

Young was born in Canada, but left us to make it big in Los Angeles. Environmentalists know that’s North America’s smoggiest city, a city that runs on conflict oil imported from Saudi Arabia.

Young jetted here to wag his finger at us.

And to have a series of Blame Canada concerts attacking the oilsands and all those who work in it.

Like any concert, Young’s requires an enormous number of staff and equipment.

They drive a diesel-powered bus from town to town.

Young is a multi-millionaire telling us that we can’t have well-paying oil and gas jobs.

His net worth is estimated to be $65 million.

He’s not a one-percenter.

He’s a one percenter of the one-percenters.

So he can waste enormous sums of money on goofy schemes, like his custommade “Lincvolt,” a remade antique Lincoln with two motors in it: A regular combustion engine, plus an electric engine.

Of course it’s just for show — he’s an important man, and doesn’t have time to drive across the continent.

He jets.

His Lincvolt is an attempt at reducing his carbon footprint.

But one night it added quite a bit of carbon to the atmosphere.

In 2010, while the contraption was charging one day, it caught fire, and caused more than $500,000 damage to the warehouse it was parked in.

But that was the good kind of carbon, right? No normal person can live like Young — 40 years of drug and alcohol abuse, plus goofy hobbies that cause massive fires. He’s got enough money to cover up his own contradictions and hypocrisies.

But not all the money in the world can hide the fact that Young has never protested against the world’s largest oil companies — like Saudi Aramco, or Venezuela’s PDVSA. Young doesn’t protest against dictatorship oil, conflict oil, terrorist oil or union-busting oil.

If you’re against oilsands oil, by process of elimination, you’re for OPEC oil.

He does all of his anti-jobs rocking in the free world. He saves his rage for Canada’s ethical oil. Just like his copropagandist, David Suzuki, who shared a stage with him in Toronto on the weekend.

So did Andrew Weaver, a Green Party politician from Victoria.

Funny thing about that.

When he was a professor, Weaver did a climate study.

If every single drop of oilsands oil were to be burned, he calculated — something that, at current rates of production, would take 250 years — the world’s average temperature would rise by a total of 0.03 degrees.

No White Hat treatment for Neil Young in Calgary: Nenshi

As in, not even a rounding error.

As in, it wouldn’t have any measurable effect at all.

That’s what Professor Weaver calculated.

But Politician Weaver was happy to sit on stage with Young and Suzuki, bashing Canada.

Weaver sat in silence as Young said Fort McMurray looked worse than Hiroshima.

That’s not just objectively false, it’s anti-Canada slander from a foreigner.

Weaver sat there and smiled.

It’s true that open-pit oilsands mines look ugly, like any open-pit mines.

But unlike Young’s California, or Weaver and Suzuki’s B.C., in Alberta, oilsands mines must be fully reclaimed and replanted, as nearly 70 square kilometers already have been.

Young flat-out denied that was happening. Weaver and Suzuki didn’t dare contradict their low-information foreign friend — and certainly none of Young’s groupies did.

That is, Canada’s media party.

Soxy ... my advice to you is.
Turn off you TV and go fishing.
You will be a better man for it.

http://youtu.be/g9-iOntU0cc

Neil Youngs diesel powered tour bus.

Neil Young, the ’60s-era folk singer and drug lifestyle icon, has come to Canada to lecture us about the oilsands.

Young was born in Canada, but left us to make it big in Los Angeles. Environmentalists know that’s North America’s smoggiest city, a city that runs on conflict oil imported from Saudi Arabia.

Young jetted here to wag his finger at us.

And to have a series of Blame Canada concerts attacking the oilsands and all those who work in it.

Like any concert, Young’s requires an enormous number of staff and equipment.

They drive a diesel-powered bus from town to town.

Young is a multi-millionaire telling us that we can’t have well-paying oil and gas jobs.

His net worth is estimated to be $65 million.

He’s not a one-percenter.

He’s a one percenter of the one-percenters.

So he can waste enormous sums of money on goofy schemes, like his custommade “Lincvolt,” a remade antique Lincoln with two motors in it: A regular combustion engine, plus an electric engine.

Of course it’s just for show — he’s an important man, and doesn’t have time to drive across the continent.

He jets.

His Lincvolt is an attempt at reducing his carbon footprint.

But one night it added quite a bit of carbon to the atmosphere.

In 2010, while the contraption was charging one day, it caught fire, and caused more than $500,000 damage to the warehouse it was parked in.

But that was the good kind of carbon, right? No normal person can live like Young — 40 years of drug and alcohol abuse, plus goofy hobbies that cause massive fires. He’s got enough money to cover up his own contradictions and hypocrisies.

But not all the money in the world can hide the fact that Young has never protested against the world’s largest oil companies — like Saudi Aramco, or Venezuela’s PDVSA. Young doesn’t protest against dictatorship oil, conflict oil, terrorist oil or union-busting oil.

If you’re against oilsands oil, by process of elimination, you’re for OPEC oil.

He does all of his anti-jobs rocking in the free world. He saves his rage for Canada’s ethical oil. Just like his copropagandist, David Suzuki, who shared a stage with him in Toronto on the weekend.

So did Andrew Weaver, a Green Party politician from Victoria.

Funny thing about that.

When he was a professor, Weaver did a climate study.

If every single drop of oilsands oil were to be burned, he calculated — something that, at current rates of production, would take 250 years — the world’s average temperature would rise by a total of 0.03 degrees.

No White Hat treatment for Neil Young in Calgary: Nenshi

As in, not even a rounding error.

As in, it wouldn’t have any measurable effect at all.

That’s what Professor Weaver calculated.

But Politician Weaver was happy to sit on stage with Young and Suzuki, bashing Canada.

Weaver sat in silence as Young said Fort McMurray looked worse than Hiroshima.

That’s not just objectively false, it’s anti-Canada slander from a foreigner.

Weaver sat there and smiled.

It’s true that open-pit oilsands mines look ugly, like any open-pit mines.

But unlike Young’s California, or Weaver and Suzuki’s B.C., in Alberta, oilsands mines must be fully reclaimed and replanted, as nearly 70 square kilometers already have been.

Young flat-out denied that was happening. Weaver and Suzuki didn’t dare contradict their low-information foreign friend — and certainly none of Young’s groupies did.

That is, Canada’s media party.

This is another ad hominem attack which tries to imply that because the messenger is imperfect (even metaphorically ugly) the message must be wrong.
What crap!
And that bit about Weaver is simply not true and totally misleading since millions of cubic feet of gas are burnt to even get the damn stuff out of the ground!!
Here is a Scientific American article which highlights the truth about what oil sands development is really doing to the atmosphere and climate.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/a...keystone-xl-pipeline-impact-on-global-warming

"If we burn all the tar sand oil, the temperature rise, just from burning that tar sand, will be half of what we've already seen"—an estimated additional nearly 0.4 degree C from Alberta alone.
As it stands, the oil sands industry has greenhouse gas emissions greater than New Zealand and Kenya—combined. If all the bitumen in those sands could be burned, another 240 billion metric tons of carbon would be added to the atmosphere and, even if just the oil sands recoverable with today's technology get burned, 22 billion metric tons of carbon would reach the sky. And reserves usually expand over time as technology develops, otherwise the world would have run out of recoverable oil long ago.
The greenhouse gas emissions of mining and upgrading tar sands is roughly 79 kilograms per barrel of oil presently, whereas melting out the bitumen in place requires burning a lot of natural gas—boosting emissions to more than 116 kilograms per barrel, according to oil industry consultants IHS Cambridge Energy Research Associates. All told, producing and processing tar sands oil results in roughly 14 percent more greenhouse gas emissions than the average oil used in the U.S. And greenhouse gas emissions per barrel have stopped improving and started increasing slightly, thanks to increasing development of greenhouse gas–intensive melting-in-place projects. "Emissions have doubled since 1990 and will double again by 2020," says Jennifer Grant, director of oil sands research at environmental group Pembina Institute in Canada.”

It's a more balanced viewpoint that shows both sides of the argument as opposed to journalism that promotes polar viewpoints.

It's easy to pick a side, not so easy to understand both.

That takes time and an open mind.

Here's another blog that I thought was pretty fair

http://fortmacphilosopher.blogspot.ca/2013/09/when-neil-young-daryl-hannah-came-to.html?m=1

Tim Moen interview...

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/video/...001/young-attacks-the-oil-sands/3055182912001

And another...caution swearing From gentle Tim Moen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amwSB-wyrjY

I wonder what the people with the fundamentalist mindset (climate change is not happening, the lord won't allow man to harm the earth etc, etc,) that watch sunnews network would think if they knew Tim Moen is apparently a non-believer and maybe an atheist. (see second last paragraph of this blog post here).

http://fortmacphilosopher.blogspot.com/

Don't get me wrong. I happen to agree with Tim's post on the topic of homophobia. It is just there is huge irony here and politics really does make for strange bedfellows!!

Back