Cautious Optimism

Would hate to see this forum go. I like it a lot more than FishBC. Way more local and it doesnt have 20 million members so you dont have to go back ten pages when looking for a post thats a day or two old. Not as many group hugs and sheep fetishes here either(jk).

GO NUCKS!!!

I join the ranks in saying that I would also miss this forum. I find it is extremely informative, up to date with what's going on out there and the range of topics endless.

I join the ranks in saying that I would also miss this forum. I find it is extremely informative, up to date with what's going on out there and the range of topics endless.

I'll definitely put my two bits in for support for this forum. I've been here since about 2002 and its always been a great source of entertainment and information for me. In its current form I definitely prefer it to "the competition" in that:

- SFBC is more report\condition\tip focussed, and based on my experiences on the same day in the same area, the reports usually are very accurate.

- SFBC isn't dominated by a few very opinionated individuals whose words, based on the number of their posts, are considered gospel.

- SFBC is focussed on my angling preferences which are anadramous species (tidal and fresh) and halibut. The individuals offering advice on these topics seem well qualified to do so, and their advice usually is borne out in my personal experience as well.

- I live on Vancouver Island. (Thank god!)

- The folks here are down to earth, friendly and very helpful.

I found some of the more infamous posts more entertaining than offensive but I guess I've got thicker skin than a lot of members.

Anyway, is a pleasure to be here, keep up the good work, and here's to tight lines for all of you!

Gooey.

I'll definitely put my two bits in for support for this forum. I've been here since about 2002 and its always been a great source of entertainment and information for me. In its current form I definitely prefer it to "the competition" in that:

- SFBC is more report\condition\tip focussed, and based on my experiences on the same day in the same area, the reports usually are very accurate.

- SFBC isn't dominated by a few very opinionated individuals whose words, based on the number of their posts, are considered gospel.

- SFBC is focussed on my angling preferences which are anadramous species (tidal and fresh) and halibut. The individuals offering advice on these topics seem well qualified to do so, and their advice usually is borne out in my personal experience as well.

- I live on Vancouver Island. (Thank god!)

- The folks here are down to earth, friendly and very helpful.

I found some of the more infamous posts more entertaining than offensive but I guess I've got thicker skin than a lot of members.

Anyway, is a pleasure to be here, keep up the good work, and here's to tight lines for all of you!

Gooey.

i would like to express my gradatude to this site as well, i was using another site but ended up being banned because i had different opinion than the moderater, better off, this site had alot of mainland stuff and being on the rock the info just was not for me,after reading some of the posts on this site i was starting to see why there are so many fights on the rivers over there, any how , i like what goes on on this site other than some juvenile crap that gets real old real fast, but as life throws you a curve ball, mine is going to make a big change, it looks like there might be a move to alberta in the near future, so i will look forward to reading about all the great winter stealhead fishing, and letting you guys know about the great trout fishing, but until that happens i will still be getting my time on the river in . remember ensure the future

ensure the future

i would like to express my gradatude to this site as well, i was using another site but ended up being banned because i had different opinion than the moderater, better off, this site had alot of mainland stuff and being on the rock the info just was not for me,after reading some of the posts on this site i was starting to see why there are so many fights on the rivers over there, any how , i like what goes on on this site other than some juvenile crap that gets real old real fast, but as life throws you a curve ball, mine is going to make a big change, it looks like there might be a move to alberta in the near future, so i will look forward to reading about all the great winter stealhead fishing, and letting you guys know about the great trout fishing, but until that happens i will still be getting my time on the river in . remember ensure the future

ensure the future

Hey Kev, tried calling you after I got off the flow.. Gimme a shout over the next couple of day's.
Great turn around there gent's, watch out for that 'boots' character. Good to hear your back on the rock.
As for the Nog, glad to see ya back.. Something worth reading.Cheers-dirty
p.s.- the flow was great today..!!

Hey Kev, tried calling you after I got off the flow.. Gimme a shout over the next couple of day's.
Great turn around there gent's, watch out for that 'boots' character. Good to hear your back on the rock.
As for the Nog, glad to see ya back.. Something worth reading.Cheers-dirty
p.s.- the flow was great today..!!

Back