*&^%$#@ Cats!!!!!

K

knucklebuster

We may have gone over this before but i'm steaming now! Got a cat sneaking into the boat at the dock. He claws up the sunbrell to get into the command bridge.I've tried blocking his entrance but he always finds another way in.Leaving marks in the canvas(and its not even a year old ).also leaves hair everywhere.I mean HAIR! mats of it stuck to everything. You head out on the water and the breeze gets hair floating all over.I'm gonna lose it!
What works to repel this pesky critter?
I try to avoid the use of firearms around the boat.

Fish(cat) bonker may work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wolf

Caught a cat in a crab trap once. There must have been a little bait left in it or something.

you can use small mouse traps, i use them to keep the german shepard off the couch and it works. Set up a half dozen every night and the cat will get pissed and go other places.if you want it to work faster try baiting them[:eek:)]

Def. a cat. The crabtrap was next to the shed when I caught it.

quote:Sure its not an Otter,haappens in Sooke

Pablo im pretty sure he was questioning the original poster if the troublesome animal was an otter.

i dont think he's doubting that you can tell the difference between a cat and an otter in your crab trap[:p]

though my old man got an otter in his crab trap once..damn thing ate the crabs too[xx(]

LOL

So, the otters enter the traps under water and can get out again?

As for using mouse traps, maybe some of those ones that are ultra sticky instead? Not lethal, but I'm sure cats wouldn't like it.

Go to any pet store and get some "bitter orange". Its a little sent spray used for training cats. Doesn't smell bad or strong to people but it should keep the cat at bay.

Lots of excellent responses. And most of which I can combine and use at same time. I have a live trap but have avoided it due to the fact I would need to bait it and that could cause otters to enter boat.
Think I will go with a combo of suggestions. I won't say which ones.
Boat is out now for paint and such. but, when it goes back in, it won't be cat friendly[}:)]

try mothballs in a nylon put all around inside boat

Back