cat food and prawn bait

Carlyle cat food, and if your going to prawn a fair bit, most fishing tackle shops sell them buy the case.

Carlyle jus tuna cat food, works just fine for us as well. We buy it by the case, too. Our bait containers were solid plastic so I drilled small holes in them, this lets the scent pass through faster. W recycle the bait by putting it in small plastic bags and freezing it and then adding new cat food with some of the frozen bait to each container the next time out.

We use no name cat food from the Superstore, it is called seafood dinner, large can (yellow) around 1.30 mix it in with the pellets. Putting the trap in the right place is the most important thing.

Cheers
Tony

carlyle cat food is just dark meat tuna with mercury levels too high for humans

You can also add a dollop (scientific word) of Alaska Fish fertilizer as moistener as well. Don't let the wife catch you!!

carlyle cat food is just dark meat tuna with mercury levels too high for humans

And all this time I have been telling people that it was the sweepings off the processing room floor!!! But it works , where ever it comes from.

I use pellets form a feed store, throw in old Chovies I collect throughout the year, Alaska fish fertilizer or prawn oil for "smoke" and you are away. Locate a shelf know your depth and you are in the prawns.

I can't find Carlyle in the Vancouver area, anyone have any sources?
I use any tuna cat food, friskies seems to work better then store brands.

I was running straight sokeye yesterday (freezer burned) and we loaded. The trap with cat food struck out. But who can blame them???

Bowslie's Pet Stores has Carlyle's cat food.

Thanks for all the info on the Carlyle,, when shopping and found the cheepest place to buy is Share Kare 13.99 for a case of 24.

Share Kare must be an island thing, thanks for the Bosley's tip i will check it out this weekend.

Special Kitty from wal mark works good for me I usually get salmon dinner but have tried others all with success. They are about $0.50 each and have a peel off lid so you don't need to rust your can opener.

Does carlyle's have a peel off lid?

I just open the cans at home and fill a plastic container to take with me. This also makes for less mess in the form of empty cans on the boat if it matter.

I know that you are talking about for the literal meaning of trap like a bait or any kind of trap like a mouse trap but this time I'm talking about the trap which is not familiar to me so if you have an idea on western trap thrower, just share your thoughts here and don't be ashamed.

Back