Car leaking - help

AlK

Water is leaking onto the front floor boards on the passenger side of our Maxima. I have had the windshield checked by Broco and it is ok. The car does not have a sunroof and the air drain hose is clear. I have taken the plastic grill off by the windshield wipers to make sure that everything was clear. I have spoken to a couple of Body Shops but given the fact that these things are hard to diagnose they are not interested. Can anyone in the lower mainland recommend a company who can track down the lead?

My buddy Bought a used infinity coupe that had the same problem. He took it to all the shops, cost him $$$, with no solution. Finally he popped the hood started with the water running along the top of firewall and that's when he found the entry point. Water ran along the cabin fresh air system and into the car, he had a flashing made up to solve the problem. Been dry ever since. The design is so open, He even had rats nesting in the fresh air filter hidden behind the Glove box, Lol! Might not be your fix but ...........

Had that happen on a Dodge Dakota I owned...

turned out to be one of the rubber passenger door seals......

If there is anti freeze in the system you would smell it. The heater core is normally on the passenger side so it is a strong possibility. You can put a cheap inline shut off valve in the heater hose that feeds the heater core. Dry your carpet or pull it back, turn the valve off, run the car for a few days and see if the leak goes away.

Thanks guys for the suggestions.
I have taken the front seat out, lifted the carpet and have definitely determined that the leak is not coming from the heater core or the air conditioning. The water is clear and fresh and has no smell to it. I took the grill off by the windshield wipers and ran a water hose into the gutter that runs along the top of the firewall and I was getting water into the car somewhere on the passenger side between the firewall and the blower and cooling unit and then running behind the fire wall insulation onto the passenger side floor. The problem is that with all the equipment under the dash and the cramped engine compartment it is virtually impossible to get a good look at the firewall.

trophy fisher,
I sent you a PM

Back