Canucks 2023-2024 season

No that wasn't interference on Petey in OT. The offending player then scores before Petey could get to him. What a joke...would like to personally ask the ref what interference is?

No that wasn't interference on Petey in OT. The offending player then scores before Petey could get to him. What a joke...would like to personally ask the ref what interference is?
It was either interference or cross checking, take your pick. Unbelievable that neither of the refs called it. They couldn’t have missed seeing it as the play was happening in the same area. Hard to comprehend the refereeing sometimes.

pederson and the interference should have gone to the box, interference or a crosscheck and 2 mins for embellishment for pederson.
3 0n 3 and let er fly!! stupid ref.

the Canucks are finally having a good season and it’s crickets. Do Canucks fan just want to talk about bad times?
I think that after 50 years of disappointment, it's more that long suffering Canucks fans are pinching themselves to make sure they are not dreaming and perhaps waiting for it to all fall apart as it almost always has. While they are playing and being coached extremely well there are a half dozen teams that could potentially beat them in the playoffs. It is entertaining, fun hockey and we certainly deserve to have a team that is not a total dumpster fire for a change. When would I consider them a truly great team? When they can play at this level for the rest of the season and for the next 4 or 5 years, and win the cup at least once, preferably twice. That is long overdue for a team that has never won the cup for a city that is arguably the most hockey mad city on the planet.

What is most impressive to me, is how the coaching and management staff has got such a high level of performance and scoring out of the bottom two lines and with the lesser skilled players. It would help them if they could get a bit better face-off performance from players other than Miller.

Like the acquisition of Zadorov. They needed a strong, large and mean player to help protect their smaller high skill players when other teams get pissed and start targeting them as they did with Hughes in a recent game. I noticed that while Hughes is normally paired with Hronek, that when other teams have put a bullseye on him, the coach has paired him with Zadorov. The big russian kind of reminds me of the Drago character in the Rocky movie. He sends the message 'if you dirty hit little Hughes, I must break you'.

Last edited:
It was either interference or cross checking, take your pick. Unbelievable that neither of the refs called it. They couldn’t have missed seeing it as the play was happening in the same area. Hard to comprehend the refereeing sometimes.
Just warming the canuck fans up for Play off hockey.. hhahahah ;) ;) :D

What is most impressive to me, is how the coaching and management staff has got such a high level of performance and scoring out of the bottom two lines and with the lesser skilled players.
Easy to forget that most third and fourth line forwards across the NHL came out of junior or college hockey as high scoring, talented offensive players. We shouldn't be surprised that a lot of these guys have excellent hands and high hockey IQs, the surprising part is when coaching staff lets them skate and chemistry between line mates works to produce the result we see in Vancouver at the moment. Also a sign that the evolution away from goonery and more toward a skills and speed game is well along.

Canucks trade Kuzmenko, 2024 first, Hunter Bruzstewicz, Jumro and a 2024 4th for Calgary’s Elias LINDHOLM. Man that’s a lot of assets for a UFA. Better know what they are doing on getting LINDHOLM resigned. LINDHOLM solid player on a down year .
I hate giving up firsts but hopefully a very late first. Really liked Bruzstewicz as having an outstanding year in the OHL?

Canucks trade Kuzmenko, 2024 first, Hunter Bruzstewicz, Jumro and a 2024 4th for Calgary’s Elias LINDHOLM. Man that’s a lot of assets for a UFA. Better know what they are doing on getting LINDHOLM resigned. LINDHOLM solid player on a down year .
I hate giving up firsts but hopefully a very late first. Really liked Bruzstewicz as having an outstanding year in the OHL?

Hopefully the trade plays out well! it’s possible but gave up a lot for an older possible rental..

Kuzmenko clearly wasn’t fitting in , not a big loss , their first pick will be at the bottom of first round , no biggie , this is the year to go for it, definitely worth it !

Kuzmenko clearly wasn’t fitting in , not a big loss , their first pick will be at the bottom of first round , no biggie , this is the year to go for it, definitely worth it !
Totally agree, we didn’t give up any of our stud prospects, yes Hunter is doing well in the OHL but he’s at least 4 years away from the pros, which is outside of this cores prime.
I would make this trade All Day long, strong 2 way centres are hard to come by. A late first round pick is the same as the second round as far as the talent pool goes in drafts. The fact that we didn’t give up a Hoglander, Willander, Lakkerimaki type player and pulled this trade off is fantastic IMO. Kuzmenko’ AAV is more than Lindholms.
Love that there’s lots of time left in the season for him to get acclimated with the team, instead of waiting for March 8th

Good comments Gillivanter now that I have a few moments to reflect on the trade. Alvin has balls for sure and I must think with this many assets moving he hopefully has had good communication with Lindholms agent about resigning in Vancouver.
Another good point is insurance against EP40 not signing in Vancouver or an opportunity to speed up that entire process and getting it done. LINDHOLM was a #5 overall pick with Carolina, Selke nominee 2022 so quality player who just turned 29.
Quality costs for a 6’1” 200 lb center. 42 goals/ 82 points 2022 season with a +- of 61.

Last edited:
Back