Can't hold my poop

Jencourt

Looking for knowledge and suggestions on the following please. Any ideas appreciated.

have a Trophy 2002. It has a jabsco head ,but only plumbed to dirrect flush into water. For that reason it only ever gets use if one of the girls needs to tinkle . (couple times a year and tp goes in garbage bag).

With increasing regulations I am realizing I will need to get mobile again. I would like to start utilizing the cuddy and spend 1 or 2 nights on the boat again. this brings me to the purpose of my post.
I would like to put a holding tank in the starboard under cushion hold where the outlet for head passes. Ultimately I would like to be able to pump it out the existing through hull when appropriate under the rules. As I need this to be very budget friendly, I am wondering if plan "B" is only option. My thought for "plan B" would be to add a "Y" valve and plumb it to a removable tank that I can attend to at end of trip much like a portapotty.

It has been suggested that I just switch to a portapotty, but I would like to keep the jabsco. I am looking for thoughts and suggestions from you folks on ways to do this and keep price down.

Last edited:
Plumbing to a removable tank sounds complicated, smelly and really messy. Why not just install a tried and true conventional system with a pump out fitting? You will have a holding tank, venting and a Y-valve anyway.

I would stay away from plumbing to a portable tank, as Foxsea says, too many things to go wrong when you need to empty it. You need a sealed system for the waste to travel through. Everytime you disconnected the tank to empty it you could have waste in the connecting pipes, not clean or very sanitary and would likely drip. You really need to bite the bullet and install a proper waste tank with the appropriate fittings. to give you an idea of te aise tanks you can get Marine Holding Tanks from 1.5 to 260 Gallons| Plastic-Mart (plastic-mart.com)

Thanks to you both for the good advice. Had not really thought it all out it appears. Glad I tossed it out on here for some feedback.

Thanks to you both for the good advice. Had not really thought it all out it appears. Glad I tossed it out on here for some feedback.
You are welcome. I think you could install a good system without spending a lot of money. Use good quality sanitation hose. Otherwise the odour comes through.

Back