Campion moving on. Or going under?

Everything ends sooner or later. Must not be profitable.

If you look though at Campion boat line they really haven't created anything new in several years as far as designs.

Sucks for Kelowna and employees. Manufacturing is getting really squeezed right now with labour issues and material increases.

Last edited:

If you look though at Campion boat line they really haven't created anything new in several years as far as designs.

Sucks for Kelowna and employees. Manfacturing is getting really squeezed right now with labour issues and material increases.
Who needs industry when every homeowner is a real estate mogul and the city makes record money from development fees.

Sucks for Kelowna and employees. Manufacturing is getting really squeezed right now with labour issues and material increases.
2015 was the first I heard that there were possible “financial issues” at Campion. Was a short stretch around that time that our company was having a hard time getting paid. Not they we didn’t, just was a longer wait than was usual. Rumours were going around since 2008 that since the crash in the states that they were on shaky ground but rumours are just rumours so I never put any real stock in them.

My fishing buddy is Brock Elliot's neighbour. The company has had its ups and downs, but my understanding is the company was doing well when he wanted to retire and sold to an Alberta outfit in 2018.

No wonder the price of a new 542 went from ~72k to 84k in the last year… dealers probably want 95 now if this is true.

whose going to replace them? As if the boat market supply isn’t squeezed enough.

No wonder the price of a new 542 went from ~72k to 84k in the last year… dealers probably want 95 now if this is true.

whose going to replace them? As if the boat market supply isn’t squeezed enough.
At the Toronto boat show in 2017, the price was 47k.. insanity

Did that include a 150 4 stroke? The prices I quote include the main engine - Yamaha or merc.
Incredibly, yes. (See attached picture)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220410-081300_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220410-081300_YouTube.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 83
Back