Campbellriver Fishing

I agree that it makes no sense to let the nets into "R.C.A" areas.but personal opinion aside. A "R.C.A area is closed to sport fishing of all fin fish regardless of species.(AS I interpret it ,it is saying any fin fish by hook and line really)So if a sporty is in there fishing for fin fish then he is subject to a ticket ect.A commercial net boat can target certain species of salmon with little to no risk of a rock fish by catch. I dont agree with them being in theses areas but I do understand the probable logic used by DFO wen making the rule

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Sorry Cuba for being redundant. You must have posted your response as I was typing mine. Never considered the FN part of the equation.Good info ,thanks.

No place I would rather be (FISH ON)

Had a great day on the water today in the Browns Bay area. Only one sockeye, but I got to see 4 killer whales attack a pod of porpoise. Amazing to see the porpoise breach with the Orcas on their tail.

There was also a nice 28lb spring taken around the corner at browns bay. Taken on a pink squirt.

Reel Chaos

I heard from the officers that there were a bunch of calls and that they were first nations - "food fishing". Not to throw this off topic to far, but it is not something I agree with since fishing in a closed zone with a commercial boat (seining) is not my idea of traditional food fishing. shouldn't be allowed (regardless of how many or how few fish there are any given year). Must say, I saw them in there as well which is why I asked the officers. IMO gives the first nations a black eye in the general non first nations public perception.

later,
sb

sharkbait

quote:Originally posted by sharkbait

I heard from the officers that there were a bunch of calls and that they were first nations - "food fishing". Not to throw this off topic to far, but it is not something I *don't* agree with since fishing in a closed zone with a commercial boat (seining) is not my idea of traditional food fishing. shouldn't be allowed (regardless of how many or how few fish there are any given year). Must say, I saw them in there as well which is why I asked the officers. IMO gives the first nations a black eye in the general non first nations public perception.

later,
sb

sharkbait

sharkbait

Back to fishin anybody been out lately, wondering where to try this weekend ? Green sea, Browns Bay, Hall, Denim.
Seen some boats spin casting off of Fransisco right along the drop off fishing Coho?

Let me know how you make out IFL, my neighbors brother is out from back east, and i said i would take them out, just don't know where are best chances are this time of year.

Chris and Jeff: sorry guys, just cant make it, have to work and need the $. I have a charter out of CR Sat. Ill be thinking of tuna fishing/ beer guzzling every minute Im there..:( However, I promise to make up the beer guzzlin' during the chum derby and hope to see you both there.

As far as CR reports, there are feeders at the hump and are full of large herring. Im hitting Greensea in the AM. I will be on channel 10.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

quote:Originally posted by Island Fish Lifter

Chris and Jeff: sorry guys, just cant make it, have to work and need the $. I have a charter out of CR Sat. Ill be thinking of tuna fishing/ beer guzzling every minute Im there..:( However, I promise to make up the beer guzzlin' during the chum derby and hope to see you both there.

As far as CR reports, there are feeders at the hump and are full of large herring. Im hitting Greensea in the AM. I will be on channel 10.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

If you decide to make the "chicken of the sea" run.....I'd be in. I am also competent to keep the rye away from you....ha ha!! [:p]

Have you hugged a Gorby today??? ;P

Did greensea this morn like I said, got there around 9:00. Hit a few, had one large chum (may have been a coho), to the boat before spiting the hook[xx(]. It slightly turned on at the top of the flood. Left there around 2:00.

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Anyone been out lately? I'm thinking of heading out on the weekend. Not sure If I should hit the lighthouse or Greensea.

Reel Chaos

I was out last Friday, thought maybe a few chum or late sockeye were around, tried deepwater & greensea. nothing to the boat. Saw a school of sockeye heading south through the narrows on the surface and some jumping in deepwater, but nothing was biting. Never saw a net from anyone else.

Any new reports from the weekend from Browns Bay.
Heading up there on Tuesday but would like to hear if anything is happening before we go.
GLG

Back