Campbell River/Oyster

quote:Originally posted by stlhddan

Went fishing tonight and caught & released 10 silver pinks in the campbell. Of course there are a few dumb butt%s already keeping the pinks before it opens. There where 8 fillet pinks laying on the bottom.

Are you sure someone didn't catch them in the salt and clean them in the river?

Went fishing tonight and caught & released 10 silver pinks in the campbell. Of course there are a few dumb butt%s already keeping the pinks before it opens. There where 8 fillet pinks laying on the bottom.

quote:Originally posted by h-core

I guess that could be a possibility but to me that seems a little odd, why not just clean the fish in the ocean while you are there?? Anyways another great day on the river for my family and I lots and lots of fresh fish

There's a few natives that are keeping fish up by the sandy pool for sure I talked to one fella today who had 1/2 a dozen. He had his permits to take them by line whether in the mouth or snagging. Nice enough guy.

I will be making my annual pilgrimage next week. I know it might sound a little pathetic to make a pilgrimage to fish pinks in CR. But it isn't! CR is home, and I always have a blast at the wingding when the pinks are in. I hope it isn't too busy in my hot spot. Too bad it's everyone else's hot spot too. Anyway, I am looking forward to it.
Many springs in there yet?

quote:Originally posted by Steelhead S2

I will be making my annual pilgrimage next week. I know it might sound a little pathetic to make a pilgrimage to fish pinks in CR. But it isn't! CR is home, and I always have a blast at the wingding when the pinks are in. I hope it isn't too busy in my hot spot. Too bad it's everyone else's hot spot too. Anyway, I am looking forward to it.
Many springs in there yet?

Lots Chrome pink in the river since last Monday. Most are heading straight to the Quinsum. Some Chrome springs since last week but not many yet.

HS.

Hey Everyone

Another great night on the river. I was so proud of my 4 year old son. I bought him new new fishing rod today then we went down to the river and he cast out about 4 times and on the 5th cast he hammers a pink. I will remember the look on his face forever he was so proud and happy. This is what made my day and fishing season for sure, this is what its all about..

take care

Proud Dad

Aint it great!!!! My son caught his first coho in the Squamish at about the same age. He still remembers it-- and I sure do!!

Intruder2-2.jpg

20ft Alumaweld Intruder

The Campbell is absolutely polluted with fish right now. We easily had our 12 fish yesterday in about two hours. All are lazer bolt chromers with sea lice fresh every day from the tide. DFO just upgraded the run from 200,000 to 390,000. Doesn't matter where you go, fish are plentiful. In the very lower section of river, there are some beauty chrome springs hanging out, many over 30lbs. Too bad they are closed, would be fun to catch them. Oh well, Stamp will open in a few days:)

had a great time there and found decent ethics for most, obviously some get pink fever and trying the flossing but most were content on trying to get them to bite, areas were better than others for different types of fishing, great return i would agree, clean little buggers with lots of spunk

Back