Campbell River/Oyster

T

tnt15

Im heading up to the campbell and the oyster tommorow to try and get some early pinks, just curious how the fishing has been there lately? If there is no pinks, has the cutty fishing been alright?

Thanks,
tnt15

Just snorkeled the Campbell the other day and there was as of yet still no pinks in the river but they should be here soon.
I then drove out to Kelsey Bay and they don't have any that way yet either. I'd say a week or less and there should be some, 1-2 weeks and there should be a fair number.
The campbell has a decent number of cutties but they're all pretty small. Haven't fished the oyster for cutties this year but a few friends have and I haven't heard much yet. Still you never know, good luck.

I had a good look at the Sandy Pool today just past noon and saw no sign of any Pinks......or much else for that matter.

Late for sure.

Take care.

No Pinks showing in the Sandy Pool this morning either.

Take care.

No Pinks showing in the Sandy Pool this morning either.

Take care.

i was just camping up there. Had a quick peak and saw nothing. I floated the oyster down to pacific playground. Saw nothing, but i am not sure if this is normal for this time of year. I think it may be early.

there where a dozen pinks sitting under the logging bridge on tuesday. Hopefully the rest are coming soon

dan

I had a quick look at Sandy Pool this morning and saw nada.

Either late or missing now.

Take care.

just got back from pacific playgrounds camped right on the river couple small trout jumping on the evening high 1 big one {steelhead?} couple of flytossers fished the beach got into some cutties, pinks nada

Nothing showing this morning at the Sandy Pool.
Couple of guys fly fishing but I didn't talk to them.

Take care.

Thanks for the update..Is the sandy pool under the logging bridge or infront of the houses downstream?? They are getting them in the chuck so they should be coming up shortly

dan

Sandy Pool is the first place on the river past the houses on the upstream side.
About 200 yards or so below the bridge.
Very popular when the Pinks are in.

Take care.

Actually saw a Pink in the Sandy Pool this morning.

But not many.

Good luck.

Take care.

Went fishing tonight, hooked one and seen a few more jumping. Talked to a guy he caught 4 fish this am early.

dan

Had a quick peek at the Sandy Pool this morning and there are definitely Pinks in the river.

Have fun.

Take care.

My Grandpa has started getting a few, and my non-fishing brother even got into some. Sounds like it is consistent, but not as good as it could be.

Both the Oyster and Campbell have fish now, but the Campbell fish seem to be moving up and down a lot what with all the construction on the river as of late. If you aren't catching anything after a bit and you know what your doing...move.

Went fishing tonight and caught & released 10 silver pinks in the campbell. Of course there are a few dumb butt%s already keeping the pinks before it opens. There where 8 fillet pinks laying on the bottom.

Back