Campbell/Quinsam Pinks open thursday!

Just before the beer garden and oyster tasting reception at the loggers sports opened today I took a quick peek at the Campbell with my wife.
In the 48 years since I first moved here I had never seen cars parked solidly from the last house to the logging bridge before.
I saw that today.
In addition there were numerous cars parked along the road above the bridge, all the way to the Quinsam, which remains low and warm, the recipe for an impending disaster should things not change soon.
Solid line of anglers along the bank in that area plus others fishing below and under the highway bridges as well as upstream of the Quinsam, although far fewer people up there than below.
I was out in the Tyee Pool last night for the first time this season.
Nothing to report other than my buddy and trusty rower CC got an 18 yesterday morning, so they should be showing up soon.

Hope you all have a safe weekend.

Take care.

Yes fished it myself today. Amazing gong show of people and fish. That i do not call fishing and was out of there in short fashion but I did know what i was walking into. Very difficult to get through the black mass of pinks without foul hooking. Surprisingly enough for the most part the anglers were very well behaved and were pinching barbs, releasing tail biters, cleaning up there mess. Very good to see as some other river dont preform the same additute when they open for retention. Fished that river for many a year and have never seen so many fish. The fresh ones were very good fighters and did take a fly well when the push of them would bump up river.

Fished the campbell river last night around dusk with two friends, found that green flys were doing good as well as silver and blue spinners, landed around 35 between the 3 of us and lost that if not more!:D

So im planning on going to the River later this week from vancouver, is the fishing still good?? I was there about 3 weeks ago it was insaine fishing. used pink and green flies that seemed to work best but for some reason my weight and fly kept breaking lost about 30 fish that way :( i was using 12lb line. any advice?? :D

Try a better line or a check on line for a stronger knot. I use 8-10lb Maxima and rarely ever have a break off.

Fishing is still very good but the crowds have steadily grow with this past weekend being the most people i have ever seen fishing a river in my life. there was a continuous line of cars from road pool to past the confluence

Just back from the river. Went up early...not many people. Not as many chrome fish, but then again the tide was ebbing. Great to be out on a cool morning. Just float fishing... Green flies were the ticket. Only had 2 fish that were 'body hooked'. The rest managed to hook themselves in the mouth.

"One man's pet is another man's food"

Hey Pat, what do you mean by not as many chromes?? are they changing their colour already?? because im coming from vancouver and want those chromes to take back home lol

quote:Originally posted by Dude

Hey Pat, what do you mean by not as many chromes?? are they changing their colour already?? because im coming from vancouver and want those chromes to take back home lol

Yup, some of them have been around for a bit so their colour is changing. There are still some bright fish, just not as many seen as last week. Some of the ones we released are losing their scales now. The fish are still very active and very plentiful. I think if you hit it on a flooding tide that newer fish may be evident.

"One man's pet is another man's food"

Back