c liscence questions

trophywife

Crew Member
this thread is to ask about conforming to transport canada boat and equipment regulations..

do topsides must reach 36" from deck or a railing must be installed in areas where one would fall overboard?

i have been told 42"???

if i can inspect my forward bilge and access it readily can i get away with utilizing a manual pump that has a hose long enough to pump overboard?

do wash through scuppers need valves that manually close? i cant see this happening?

How large is your boat. I was on phone with TC all morning about this stuff, and there's some interesting things.

If you're under 6m only certain things need to be met, but over, and there's a whole slew TW.
I believe it's 36" but the conversation was so long, that I forgot and have to go back and read.

this thread is to ask about conforming to transport canada boat and equipment regulations..

do topsides must reach 36" from deck or a railing must be installed in areas where one would fall overboard?

i have been told 42"???

if i can inspect my forward bilge and access it readily can i get away with utilizing a manual pump that has a hose long enough to pump overboard?

do wash through scuppers need valves that manually close? i cant see this happening?

Go to the TC website and search for Construction Standards for Small Vessels and download the file.
Look in section 3.3 Watertight integrity
3.5 Protection from falls
9.3 Bilge pumping arrangments
Hope it helps!

the pre package i got was the blue decal program but i want to get my boat inspected by tc to get my C and thought this thread would myself and others..

26'25 x 9'6" under 5gt over 8m

guiding for harrisons cove and a few groups i bring in from lower mainland,, won't ***** or undercut either, seen first hand what it does....

thanks,, self admitted terrible interweb searcher

thanks,, self admitted terrible interweb searcher

Unless it interferes with the normal operation of the vessel or its equipment, the perimeter of an
exposed deck that is intended to be used by persons on board shall be fitted with bulwarks, guardrails,
stanchions, and netting, or any combination thereof.
On passenger-carrying vessels:
(a) The bulwarks, guardrails, stanchions and netting, or any combination thereof, referred to in
3.5.2.1 shall be at least 915 mm (36 in) above the weatherdeck

736. (1) A watertight compartment on a vessel shall be provided with a means of pumping or with access
for bailing when the vessel is in any operating condition, unless the vessel cannot retain a sufficient
quantity of water to make it capsize or the compartment is sealed and is not readily accessible.
(2) If the bilge space on a vessel is not easily visible from the operating position, the space shall, in
accordance with the construction standards, be fitted with
(a) an automatic high bilge-water alarm; and
(b) a bilge pumping system or, in the case of a vessel that is not more than 12 m in length, a
permanently installed automatic bilge pump that is connected to an indicator showing when the
pump is running and to an overriding manual switch, both of which are to be located at the
operating position.
(3) An automatic bilge pump or a bilge pumping system shall have a minimum capacity of 0.91 L/s. -Non pleasure more 6m

On passenger-carrying vessels:
(a) The bulwarks, guardrails, stanchions and netting, or any combination thereof, referred to in
3.5.2.1 shall be at least 915 mm (36 in) above the weatherdeck - non pleasure more 6m

There is a little more to the sections but this is pretty much what you were looking for

Vancouver TCC 604-666-5300

ive got the Commercial Inspection Package ,

or speak to an inspector direct , 604-666-0445

should put ya in the right direction

good lk

later

fd

the pre package i got was the blue decal program but i want to get my boat inspected by tc to get my C and thought this thread would myself and others..

26'25 x 9'6" under 5gt over 8m

guiding for harrisons cove and a few groups i bring in from lower mainland,, won't ***** or undercut either, seen first hand what it does....

Back