Burnewiin Rod Holders

Explorer682

I’ve been reading several threads regarding rod holders failing and gear going over ....Is / has anyone tried or using the Bernewiin Rod Holders made in Oregon? They are pricy especially the all Stainless one at $495 USD . But if an Islander and a Technium go over that’s $850 plus $40 Scotty holder , line, flasher , etc. Any tried the Burnewiin products??

That is exactly what happened to me, and the reason I went to Bernewin rod holders. Yes they are very expensive but looking back they have been worth it. Scotty rep at the boat show laughed when i showed him the broken scotty mount. Islander rep gave me a card to get a new reel at a discounted price. I went with the GM400 mounts along with a couple RH6650 rod holders. A couple years later I bought one of the stainless mounts and a UM6080 universal mount that I use for my Ace line hauler. The scotty mount was only one year old on a boat that gets used less than 20 days/year.

I have Bernewiin mounts all over the boat....most I don’t use but the two I do use hold my Scotty HP DR’s. Very handy to just leave the stainless Burnewiin adapters attached to the SCotty swivel block, then stick them in the gunnel mounts and lock them into place. I do not miss tightening down the 4 Scotty knobs onto the SCotty mounting plate...I always wondered if one day I’d lose my grip on the DR before getting that first knob screwed into place and watch it go over the side

Would I buy Burnewiin products as an add-on? Probably not. They’re expensive and you’ll be drilling large holes in your gunnels for the mounts

And not sure why there’s all this talk about exploding rod holders. It would take huge pressure to blow up a rod inside those rudimentary but burly Scotty DR rod holders (the long tubes) ...they seem to get the job done

Back