Burnewiin gunwale mounts

demco99

Has anybody used these and could share some reviews? New boat on the way and looking for away to detach the Scotty downriggers quickly when the boat isn’t used for fishing. This would leave just the stainless steel gunwale mount rather than having the black plastic Scotty base, which will look better in my opinion. Would love to hear opinions of anyone who has used these.

The Bon Chovy guys posted last year some pics & vids showing them. They had the 'riggers mounted on these Burnewiin gunwhale mounts...looks like a really slick setup. Easier on/off and smaller footprint to boot.

I chartered on a boat last year that has them. They’re really nice and solid. I’d install on a new boat for sure.

If I was buying or building a new boat I'd go that route. It's just money..

Had them on my old kingfisher. 2 on each side and 2 rail mounts on the transom rail with the knives.

The 4 on the wales were great. Set even from the plug so you could run your rigger further forward if you wanted. They are solid and are as nice as everyone says. So easy to remove the rigger.

Only downside would be its even more annoying to store than a normal scotty with the swivel on because it has a base plate and stub on from the mount. Also they are pricey but thats boating. If you aren't worried about the price load up on them and you won't be disappointed.

I put them on my boat and they are one of best additions I made. If you use the search function, you'll find a few posts where I've mentioned them. The fender cleats, BBQ mount and rod holders get used all the time too.

They look great and are very well made. Great support too if you need anything.

I might actually get a couple for various things mounted further forward.

Back