Browns Bay Chum Derby

By what Mike said I don't think I am the only one backing out. He said it is "VERY SLOW". With just a few small pockets of fish moving thru.

What gets me, is with the amount of times I use their services in a year that he would charge me $25. I am a local fisherman. He even agreeed that there is 24hrs notice to cancel without a fee but not on derby weekend. What a scam. In the future I will rember this and think twice as to where I launch my boat and buy my fuel.

Definately gave me a BAD taste in my mouth about charging you cancelation, when they could sell the moorage.. GOUGING I think!!

I am not attending this year either Osama, mainly it was starting to be a big CASH grab for them. They have lost the spirit that this derby orinally had.
Good Luck to all attending

62802394477903127812153.jpg

Four top rods are out this year.[:0]
My chances of wining have just gone up.;)
Bad weather and low fish counts won’t keep me from going.
Why do I go?
Been meeting some of the SFBC fisherman and I always have a blast.
The dough goes to a good cause http://www.greenwaystrust.ca/index.php
The marina has been doing lots of upgrades and I like the people there.
And the top reason is…. The wife encourages me go, so what can I say.
GLG

I go to drink beer.. Fish would be nice but I really dont like chums anyway, and less mess to clean up! Yahoooo! Glug- Glug..

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

great 2nd post...

Browns Bay Marina off topic will now be the under investigation by Visa as I have filled a complaint. Their fee for cancalation is uncalled for and is not stated in any agreement by management and or accepted by the purchaser. Being me... I will be on the phone with Visa again tomorrow.

Why don't I won't to go?
There are no fish.
Booze and fishing combined is not a sport.
BB Marina...LOL..What a joke.. After what they have done
The price to fish Chum Salmon... Killing stocks which we know are low.
The fact that its all about money to BB Marina these days.
It's wrong for us to go out and kill salmon that nobody even really wants.

quote:Originally posted by DHA
=========================
DHA or DocasaHexaenoic Acid is an acronym for the resource that I cherish most in my life...there will come a day that all control and all that you love will change hands. Sit and do nothing, or stand and do something...that is the difference between developing substantial change or loosing all that you love.

Where did UNKNOWN go?

quote:Originally posted by Lipripper

=========================
DHA or DocasaHexaenoic Acid is an acronym for the resource that I cherish most in my life...there will come a day that all control and all that you love will change hands. Sit and do nothing, or stand and do something...that is the difference between developing substantial change or loosing all that you love.

Where did UNKNOWN go?

Death by default...[^]
;)

Maybe you should have asked yourself these questions before you booked your moorage. BB marina is not in this for the money they go above the call of duty to give back to a great charity and provide a fun event. Their web site is very clear on any cancellation policies and you have to remember its a business their trying to run.:)

don't I won't to go?
There are no fish.
Booze and fishing combined is not a sport.
BB Marina...LOL..What a joke.. After what they have done
The price to fish Chum Salmon... Killing stocks which we know are low.
The fact that its all about money to BB Marina these days.
It's wrong for us to go out and kill salmon that nobody even really wants.

[/quote]

quote:Originally posted by fytfire
Their web site is very clear on any cancellation policies and you have to remember its a business their trying to run.:)

Please show me... I have already looked into it and they are required to refund me my money. I have also been on the phone with them when they confirmed to me it was only because of this weekend.

Unless they just changed it to benefit them..

*CANCELLATION POLICY
A 30% deposit is required to confirm a reservation. The full amount of the deposit less an administration fee of $25 will be refunded if the reservation is cancelled 72hrs prior of arrival date.

Maybe I'm missing something?????

Why don't you call the marina and ask them to donate the 25$ to the charity they are raising money for, since you gave good notice and they have a waiting list to fill your spot it would seem like a win win situation. Just my two cents[8D]

If we get the southeaster that is forcast I doubt anyone will be fishing the vancouver island side, prepare for the deepwater bay/Green sea gong show.

<Get Busy Livin, or Get Busy Dying>

Should that be Deepwater / Plumper Bay gong show?
Cheers:)

Fish Assassin

Obviously you have no understanding of the cost of operating a business. Why begrudge them a living? They are not gouging the moorage is reasonable and the derby is cheap and the money goes to charity!! And seriously all this stink over $25??? You're a fisherman thats nothing compared to what we spend every time we hit the water. They have a service and that service is in demand! It was full and there were people who couldn't get a slip that either couldn't come or had to make alternate plans for their boat, now because the forecast is for slow fishing you want to bail and expect no fee?? Did they take a reservation? Did they hold it? Did that take labour costs on their end? They spent lot's of time arranging their marina to house as many boats as possible. Quit your pissing and be a man! Just cause you can't catch fish unless they are in huge schools doesn't mean we all don't still enjoy trying!! That's the fishing part of fishing!! BB Marina and their efforts to hold this derby are greatly appreciated!! So what if they make some money do you expect them to do all this for free??

Grow up!

SWC

I do the Fishing, God does the Catching!

quote:Originally posted by Saltwater Cowboy

Fish Assassin

Obviously you have no understanding of the cost of operating a business. Why begrudge them a living? They are not gouging the moorage is reasonable and the derby is cheap and the money goes to charity!! And seriously all this stink over $25??? You're a fisherman thats nothing compared to what we spend every time we hit the water. They have a service and that service is in demand! It was full and there were people who couldn't get a slip that either couldn't come or had to make alternate plans for their boat, now because the forecast is for slow fishing you want to bail and expect no fee?? Did they take a reservation? Did they hold it? Did that take labour costs on their end? They spent lot's of time arranging their marina to house as many boats as possible. Quit your pissing and be a man! Just cause you can't catch fish unless they are in huge schools doesn't mean we all don't still enjoy trying!! That's the fishing part of fishing!! BB Marina and their efforts to hold this derby are greatly appreciated!! So what if they make some money do you expect them to do all this for free??

Grow up!

SWC

I grew up along time ago SWC..

When there is a waiting list why charge a fee? When they didn't even make mention of a fee the day before when they told me it was no problem as there was a waiting list. They put another boat in there as soon as I hung up the phone. Sure I pay out tons of money each year fishing at at places I want to spend my money.

As for gouging, there is alot that goes on there. But posting them is not right. I know of many thing they have done over the years.

Fishing being slow.. It is all over but why should I waste my money driving the distance to catch nothing? I canceled within there time limit.

Was my spot offered up to SFBC members before canceling? Yes

Was I entering the derby? No

Have I ever entered the derby? No

Was I fishing Sunday? No

Why did I book moorage and pay for Saturday night? Because they made me so I could have moorage for Thurs and Friday night. Oh..WOW I was going to pay for a extra night just to get moorage on the days I needed. Thats is supporting the dam place and working within thier rules.

Holmes, get a life you get on the bandwagon against anything I post way to often. You are just like I was to RVP last year and I realized it was time to give it up. So why don't you?

quote:Originally posted by Saltwater Cowboy

Fish Assassin

Grow up!

SWC

Hey Billy! Are you fishin this weekend? Didnt get to see you this summer..

untitled.jpg

Fill the dam tub!

Back