Brass Peetz Reel

Holy *****. $50? Seems like a screaming deal, no pun intended. Is it in good shape? Ill give you $75 for it. 50% return on your investment.... :)

That one on used Vic. is not mine. I just found it well researching this one. I'd like to know more. That one is sold.... It was listed in 2012. I never seen a brass one before.

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice you have to give it a try. Isn't it interesting amongst all the islanders etc many of us are resurrecting our old reels and putting them back into play. Just re-spooled a couple of aluminum daiwa 275's and an old peetz ready for winter fishing and spring tyees lol. Watch out thrasher!!!!

This reel has a Peetz decal on it.... but I dont think they made stick on-decals in the 30s and 40s, so this may be a bit more recent. Hope it turns out as good as it seems at first glance. Very strongly made reel-- should last forever.

Interesting they built a 6 inch wooden one called the recorder. It was done so one could measure depth easier.

Wonder why today's builders don't make 6 inch reels...... Oh cause then they'd want more money for them... LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
ty7yzuje.jpg

Hey FA I saw this at Peetz today. Brand new 1980 never left the factory. He said they do restore them but it gets pricey even without any polishing on the face.
Thawk

Actually I have a Peetz recorder reel. Worked great before downriggers. Sin/cosine tables and you pretty well knew what depth you were fishing. Now I just use my sounder. My downrigger is out 10 feet in 115 feet of water.

ty7yzuje.jpg

Hey FA I saw this at Peetz today. Brand new 1980 never left the factory. He said they do restore them but it gets pricey even without any polishing on the face.
Thawk

I wouldn't want to get whacked with those knobs...
probably break your finger :(

Back