Brand new scotty 2106 downriggers for sale

daddystoy

2 brand new in box model 2106 scotty downriggers for sale. I won both of these at a fishing derby so no receipt... and yes it is legit. $600.00 each firmdownrigger top.jpg downrigger front.jpg

I’ll buy if not sold...

Poopy, ok I’ll try and get someone to pick up or I may be in the area in a few weeks.

I know nothing about down riggers, what are they normally priced and is steel better than braided?

Poopy, ok I’ll try and get someone to pick up or I may be in the area in a few weeks.

I know nothing about down riggers, what are they normally priced and is steel better than braided?

Weren’t those questions answered in the previous thread about a downrigger on sale?

To be honest the cheapest I've seen is from Harbour Chandler. They advertise them for $670. Plus tax puts the total at $750

Personal choice on steel verses braid.
I like braid.

Weren’t those questions answered in the previous thread about a downrigger on sale?

Hey I just checked the thread and nope nothing really discussed concerning braid vs steel. It was said braided is valued to be more...

I won't be holding them for you. First come first serve.

I don’t expect you to, I would prepay and pick them up when I come out if that is ok? I just would like to know what most guys are using steel or braided...

I won't be holding them for you. First come first serve.

What do you use... steel or braided, can you educate me a bit please?

The prepayment works for me. I would think most guys use braid. I switched my downriggers to braid years ago. The reason being is the steel cable will fray and you have to cut it off and re crimp things.
I actually have another spool of 300 feet of steel cable I will through in on the deal.

Less drag with braid. Also braid won't have any electric field issues. I.E maybe too much voltage coming off the downrigger cable due boat electrical issues. You should be fine there as you will have all new wiring.

What do you use... steel or braided, can you educate me a bit please?
Braid vs. steel? You'll get a Ford vs. Chev discussion - bottom line, both get the ball to the depth you want it. Either way, it's not a big deal to change the cable. New steel - try it for a couple of years. When it starts to fray, change it out for braid - no biggie. $600 is a good deal for these riggers.

Less drag with braid. Also braid won't have any electric field issues. I.E maybe too much voltage coming off the downrigger cable due boat electrical issues. You should be fine there as you will have all new wiring.

Hey daddystoy, do you think the warranty would be honoured even without a receipt? Can you register the serial numbers on them online or something for warranty purposes?

Last edited:
Back