Brand New 5 Bed 4 Bath Modern Deep Cove House With Income Suite

We are still hunting over there. That place was beyond my budget by a bit.

It has been just bonkers though closer to Victoria. Houses going for way more than what we thought they'd go for. Put in what we and the realtor thought were some good offers, but have been outbid by some hefty amounts no conditions.

Think we might postpone and what see what happens with supply.
I built the only house with a suite in that price range to try to help you!
Maybe the next one...

Beauty house , Nice work , love the modern style , we were looking in deep cove lastyear to be close to the inlaws but alot of it is becoming unabtanium now for most folks, was talking to a builder today and a sheet of 1/2” plywood is now 67$ , OSB is at 44$ going to make the cost of building skyrocket..

Beauty house , Nice work , love the modern style , we were looking in deep cove lastyear to be close to the inlaws but alot of it is becoming unabtanium now for most folks, was talking to a builder today and a sheet of 1/2” plywood is now 67$ , OSB is at 44$ going to make the cost of building skyrocket..
Lumber is going up 5-10% a month. It’s nuts. Hard to even quote anything with a fixed price unless materials are purchased immediately.

A plumber on site today took a brand new sheet of 1/2" ply and buzzed a chunk off the corner for backing. Him and I had a talkin' after work .

Last edited:
yup i run a crane for a living a there will be alot of lumberyards with little to no wood in the coming months ive been told, With the cost of building going up it’s no wonder the realestate market is going thru the roof..

Gee I wonder why, couldent possible be all the mills they have been shutting down for the last 30 years but more recent they shut s bunch less than 5 years ago.

wonder how it’s gonna be felt with because I ain’t seeing anyone running out and building a mill anytime soon.

Two major wild fire seasons in the last 3 years, mills shutting down and our CDN$ not strong enough to justify investing in new mills/ infrastructure PLUS Covid and the overall impact on the manufacturing sector and global trade. It’s a supply and demand thing...

@Stizzla congrats man. Time to upgrade to a Commander!

With the prices boats are selling at the thread will have to be called ‘WTB $100k boat for $300k’

Basically,

The properties we have looked at went as follows:
Property 1 listed for $799 we setup a showing, but someone made a bully offer $952.
Property 2 listed for $825 we offered $850, it sold for $876.
Property 3 listed for $825 we offered $852, it sold for $936. This house wasn't even as nice as Property #2. It sounds like the people overpaid by about $50k over next highest offer.

Sigh......

Market is insane. I‘m in view royal. house two doors down assessed at 1 mil, listed at 1.1, sold for 1.25. People were bringing building inspectors with them to the showing. It was nuts. They did the 5 day thing with offers on the Monday auction style. I then had realtors calling me to see if I wanted to sell. I’m seriously tempted to sell and move into my rental and wait this sh1tshow out.

SOLD!!!
Glad none of you scooped it up at the price I offered it to you at ;)
Great work for a fisherman! Lov the attention to detail and finished product, keep'er going, onto the next...

Is there a rainscreen cavity behind the outside walls? Hard to tell in the video. (Nice video work, Spielberg)

Basically,

The properties we have looked at went as follows:
Property 1 listed for $799 we setup a showing, but someone made a bully offer $952.
Property 2 listed for $825 we offered $850, it sold for $876.
Property 3 listed for $825 we offered $852, it sold for $936. This house wasn't even as nice as Property #2. It sounds like the people overpaid by about $50k over next highest offer.

Sigh......
Daughter and boyfriend have had the same experience, They missed the first 2 just from lack of knowledge on how crazy the market is. 3rd one and all others they brought their building inspector and electrician with them and offered $20000 over offer and were not even close to the selling price. Seems offers are $50K-$100K over asking. Don't know why people even bother with agents to sell homes, just stick a for sale sign on lawn, wait a week for offers and start a bidding war, then sell.

Did you put laundry in the suite? Was the main laundry left on the middle floor or did you move it up to the bedroom level?

Back