Bow rail mounts

Derby

Crew Member
Got a pair of striker bow rail mounts.. cannot get them to not turn when Mrs. hali climbs on... Looking at drilling and pinning the mounts so that they don't twist...was wondering if some one else had some thing that worked without drilling?

Got a pair of striker bow rail mounts.. cannot get them to not turn when Mrs. hali climbs on... Looking at drilling and pinning the mounts so that they don't twist...was wondering if some one else had some thing that worked without drilling?
Try wrapping the railing in a wide rubber strip underneath the scotty mount. These type of rubber rolls are sold at first aid supply companies. Google esmarch bandage.

Hockey tape might work, its pretty grippy. May not hold up to the salt and UV rays though.

did those rotate on u? I current use the other style that has the 2 set screws in the back plate

i use a piece of inner-tube.. it helps,, i never wanted to drill my rails.

i use a piece of inner-tube.. it helps,, i never wanted to drill my rails.
x2 on the bicycle inner tube. If cut thin you can wrap it to size so you can't see any extra. It grips well to stainless rails. I keep several old tubes on the boat as it works well as replacement elastic on prawn traps, as rub guard on hoses and even as emergency gasket material in a pinch.

Could you make a sling shot type support that the Y supported the striker toward the water end and the bottom with a rubber cap sat on the fiberglass under the rail? Just not sure how to have it not fall off. Maybe a U that goes around and over the fiberglass ledge rather than sits on it. Just a thought. I have the same problem.

currently use this one.... I may drill a couple holes not all the way thru the rail for the set screws....just don't really want to drill the hand rails...

Back