Border crossing

macdaddy

Planning to head to Barkley Sound in a week. I know there are new protocols in place to cross from Washington state into Canada. Just today I was told that a Washington enhanced drivers license does not work at the border anymore. I can not find anything definitive that it does or does not work currently. Has anyone from Washington crossed the border with just the enhanced license for ID, since the border reopened in August. Obviously there are other documents needed ( negative Covid test, Arrive Canada app. Etc). There are 3 of us planning to go and 2 of them only have enhanced drivers license for ID. I am 7 hours from the border and don’t want to get all the way there only to get tuned around. Thanks in advance for any help,

I used to be able to give this advice legally now I must say consult a lawyer or licensed immigration consultant.

I would call peace arch Cbsa and ask. But this says a birth certificate and enhanced drivers license may do it. Passport is the only universal but this may work. Tight lines.

[

AND, very important proof of Covid vaccination!

You will get a lot of dirty looks if you come up with usa plates.
and my guess is the border may be closed again to all but essential travel to and from the USA as so many usa AND canadian citizens continue to ignore the realty of Covid and getting vaccinated
See what the EU is doing.
"The European Union recommended on Monday that Americans should be banned from nonessential travel to its member states after a rise in Covid-19 cases in the United States."

As per today's outage my post earlier got nuked.

My cousin recently came up from the US and he only had to get a negative test (pretty sure it can't just be an antigen test) within 72 hours of his arrival and show his vaccination record. No test required going back to the US.

I recently flew down to the US for business and one thing of note for the OP is that you have to fill out information on the Arrive Can app or website and this too has to be within 72 hours of your arrival.

Lots of information at this link and it should tell you everything.

As per today's outage my post earlier got nuked.

My cousin recently came up from the US and he only had to get a negative test (pretty sure it can't just be an antigen test) within 72 hours of his arrival and show his vaccination record. No test required going back to the US.

I recently flew down to the US for business and one thing of note for the OP is that you have to fill out information on the Arrive Can app or website and this too has to be within 72 hours of your arrival.

Lots of information at this link and it should tell you everything.

Thanks for that Pippen, I'll hopefully be using it in October

and my guess is the border may be closed again to all but essential travel to and from the USA as so many usa AND canadian citizens continue to ignore the realty of Covid and getting vaccinated
"The European Union recommended on Monday that Americans should be banned from nonessential travel to its member states after a rise in Covid-19 cases in the United States."
I won’t be giving any dirty looks, a lot of American minds went into the vaccine and those who travel are vaccinated and tested. Anti-Vaccination will be a drag on our cross boarder business and vacation travel that is going to hurt both countries in the long run but if travel encourages more people to get vaccinated and come then great. PS I’m going to be taking my boat down for some Westport tuna some day!!!

vaccinated Americans with a negative test are more than welcome here as far as I'm concerned.

Back