Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

It is insane how bad some of the ads are considering the money at stake. I just saw the listing below: $649k tuna boat for sale on craigslist by a dealer - 3 random iphone photos, no contact info and 3 sentence description. I don't get it - its like one of those ads people put up when their spouse tells them to sell something, and this is their half-hearted attempt.

The art of sales...
Same company selling a 45k boat they put together a slick YouTube video even! https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch/bod/d/richmond-2023-stabicraft-1450-frontier/7723827946.html

Same company selling a 45k boat they put together a slick YouTube video even! https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rch/bod/d/richmond-2023-stabicraft-1450-frontier/7723827946.html
I thought it might be Galleon, but didn't see it listed on their website.

Here's the thing: If you are a high volume dealer selling tons of 18ft Stabicrafts with a few sitting on the lot and the rest coming in on trucks in 4-8 weeks - I get it - what you are trying to do is turn web traffic into foot traffic - you are just waving a big flag saying "hey, that shiny thing you want - we have it! Come by and take a look" and then get them into one of the models on the lot, or tick the boxes and get one in a few weeks off the truck.

However with a 34ft boat worth as much as an apartment/house, that has been sitting in your dealership for over a year I bet your sale manager would love to actually get this albatross off the lot. Someone's losing money on the financing cost to keep this thing around. Get into the details! Make people want it! Post some cool photos (not some random photo of the transom). Make a deal (gasp)!

Here's the thing: If you are a high volume dealer selling tons of 18ft Stabicrafts with a few sitting on the lot and the rest coming in on trucks in 4-8 weeks - I get it - what you are trying to do is turn web traffic into foot traffic - you are just waving a big flag saying "hey, that shiny thing you want - we have it! Come by and take a look" and then get them into one of the models on the lot, or tick the boxes and get one in a few weeks off the truck.

However with a 34ft boat worth as much as an apartment/house, that has been sitting in your dealership for over a year I bet your sale manager would love to actually get this albatross off the lot. Someone's losing money on the financing cost to keep this thing around. Get into the details! Make people want it! Post some cool photos (not some random photo of the transom). Make a deal (gasp)
Ya, well if I was actually thinking of buying a half million dollar boat I wouldn’t bother looking on Craigslist or marketplace lol, MP is for peasants like me

However with a 34ft boat worth as much as an apartment/house, that has been sitting in your dealership for over a year I bet your sale manager would love to actually get this albatross off the lot. Someone's losing money on the financing cost to keep this thing around. Get into the details! Make people want it! Post some cool photos (not some random photo of the transom). Make a deal (gasp)!
To be honest I think it sometimes just boils down to tech illiteracy. Some people aren’t used to using technology, or they are super old school and want to deal in person or on the phone and waste everyone’s time lol.

Off topic, but I'd sure be interested in tips from the old salts about how I make sure that DOESN'T happen to my boat. Yikes!
Make sure you have a blower that works, and use it, it’s that simple. When I had inboards and I’ve ad lots, I ran the blower and open the dog house before starting, pain in the but be I never blew up lol. Maintenance is also big, make sure no gas leaks in the bilge area and anything that can spark( boom) seam to be a lot more blowing up now a day, one blew up in the parking lot at the marine few years back, dog house went flying 50 feet in the air,lots of people and kids close by when it happened, scary ****

Except it hasn't been sitting on the lot over a year... The add states that this is the last of the 2023's they will have available and it will be fitted with F425's and Garmin electronics, helm master, etc., suggesting that it is still being finished at the factory and hasn't arrived. Galleon doesn't even show it as being in inventory. Most likely pictures of another boat as well.

I expect someone planning to buy a brand new $650k boat will be able to go the manufactures website and figure out what the boat would look like.

Make sure you have a blower that works, and use it, it’s that simple. When I had inboards and I’ve ad lots, I ran the blower and open the dog house before starting, pain in the but be I never blew up lol. Maintenance is also big, make sure no gas leaks in the bilge area and anything that can spark( boom) seam to be a lot more blowing up now a day, one blew up in the parking lot at the marine few years back, dog house went flying 50 feet in the air,lots of people and kids close by when it happened, scary ****
I figured this was more of a risk with inboards, which I don't have. I've got an outboard and a kicker, both plumbed to the same fuel tank in my transom area, which is adjacent to my batteries. I used spark rated electrical components throughout, double hoseclamps on all fuel connections, A1 hose and there is a fair bit of air movement back there, but call me paranoid. Fuel vapor explosion, especially on the water, is something I would prefer to never experience.

Except it hasn't been sitting on the lot over a year... The add states that this is the last of the 2023's they will have available and it will be fitted with F425's and Garmin electronics, helm master, etc., suggesting that it is still being finished at the factory and hasn't arrived. Galleon doesn't even show it as being in inventory. Most likely pictures of another boat as well.

I expect someone planning to buy a brand new $650k boat will be able to go the manufactures website and figure out what the boat would look like.
Exactly

I figured this was more of a risk with inboards, which I don't have. I've got an outboard and a kicker, both plumbed to the same fuel tank in my transom area, which is adjacent to my batteries. I used spark rated electrical components throughout, double hoseclamps on all fuel connections, A1 hose and there is a fair bit of air movement back there, but call me paranoid. Fuel vapor explosion, especially on the water, is something I would prefer to never experience.
Yes it happens a lot more on inboard gas , can still happen on outboard setup but a lot less risk, I open the cover where my switch is and leave it open for a bit before I start, smell for fuel

I priced a new one at the boat show that was on the floor, it was a beauty but this seems much less even after conversion/registration etc.

From Aluminum Boats NW on Facebook:

Looking to sell my 2022 Duckworth 24 Pac Pro..
This thing is loaded with everything ready to fish and take you anywhere!
300 Yamaha motor with 600 hours.
25efi Yamaha kicker 100 hours
This thing is Very Cost Efficient on the water.
Simrad 16” evo 3 in dash
Simrad 12” evo 3 in deck
Autopilot, Radar, custom rails
Very well maintained and runs perfect still under warranty too.
Pls message me but only with very serious inquiries

432594309_6977829075658760_8387236916535575721_n.jpg430816095_6977829112325423_669852541649876316_n.jpg432565911_6977829165658751_512412553158285604_n.jpg

Logic = Triumph. This might be a 15’ model.

You have be to be careful with these as the trailer bunks are shaped to the exact hull lines to support the hull, as this boat is made out of ropolene or roplene (type of plastic). If it is on a roller trailer, then watch for a lumpy bottom on the hull due to sagging in between the rollers.

These became Triumph boats, great product but they need the proper bunk layout to support the hull. Triumph went out of business, but there are websites out there with a layout of what the curvature of the bunks are for each model if you are in that situation. If it’s a factory trailer with the shaped bunks, it will have either Logic or Triumph decals on the side of the trailer.

Black Gold Lodge in Rivers Inlet has a dozen or more of these in various sizes. YouTube “Triumph Boats” to see what the hull can take for punishment. I tried to buy one years ago as I fished out of a 17’ CC Logic at Black Gold and had a great time.

Last edited:
Back