Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Depending on the hours , that could be a great deal. Love the motor with shaft. Stand up head. Trailer looks good . My neighbour has the 27 Mackinaw and it’s a nice boat to fish on ! Solid. think this one would be worth a look Capt. Ed?
More boat than I really need for TC but I wouldn't hesitate on that triple nickel Cummins and shafts. Same equipment as I had in my seine power skiff.

Anyone have an opinion/thoughts on this?

A little short on details but looks like some good value there. Be nice to get an idea of the retrofit. Maybe the kicker in 2021 but the bracket looks a little older. I’d ask if a survey has been done recently and ask for a copy. 250k replacement value, would be my guess.

What did you get Colin to replace her?
The 20'3 Hourston cuddy (with an original pod) will move to Secret Cove, and I picked up a 26' Hourston flybridge (podded with outboards) last summer for Squamish / Howe Sound / South Georgia strait... nice to have a little more boat and the cuddy for kids up the coast, and the 26' can take most of what Howe Sound has to give her. Freakin windy!

The 20'3 Hourston cuddy (with an original pod) will move to Secret Cove, and I picked up a 26' Hourston flybridge (podded with outboards) last summer for Squamish / Howe Sound / South Georgia strait... nice to have a little more boat and the cuddy for kids up the coast, and the 26' can take most of what Howe Sound has to give her. Freakin windy!
That’s awesome buddy. I sure miss ole Secret Cove.

I had a Grady 330 Express with the centre helm, as well as a Fountain 33SFC with the centre helm, and an Albemarle 315 Express with centre helm. Yes. I am a slow learner and did it three times before swearing off it.

You really don't want a centre helm in an express for salmon fishing. It's sub-optimal for salmon fishing because you have to look over your left shoulder for the left corner rigger, then over your right shoulder for your right corner rigger, then back forward to captain the ship. Each time you have to break you focal depth, swing your head around, and re-focus on the depth. That gets old really quickly. You could stand backwards looking out the back but then you're not really paying enough attention to other boats in tight fishing grounds. There is also the fact that the centre helm creates a traffic jam pinch point. Your guests are always trying to get past you to either get to the cabin, or get back out of the cabin. The jump seat on the port side basically has to be down all the time to create a traffic pathway for them to crowd you as they go by. The jump seat on the starboard is usually up, but nobody really sits there because it's in the way for the captain as he swings around the look out the starboard aft for the right corner rigger.

A center console fishing boat is great. Lots of space to get comfortable looking back and the ability to dart out to either side quickly when a fish strikes. A centre helm express is a PITA for our style of fishing both for sight lines, and for traffic pinch points for guests.
I like your taste in boats.

Back