Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Seems like decent value for a newer 24 tiny with desirable power, especially if you can shave five grand off. Sure looks like it sits squat with the twins. To bad it's not a self bailer. Makes it a no for me. Odd seating config but you could add a head room, more seating, etc pretty easy.

Question : what happens if you have or buy a boat with the Trilux aluminum specific bottom paint that you can't get anymore (here anyway)? Remove it all and start from scratch? That's expensive if the case ....

Seems like decent value for a newer 24 tiny with desirable power, especially if you can shave five grand off. Sure looks like it sits squat with the twins. To bad it's not a self bailer. Makes it a no for me. Odd seating config but you could add a head room, more seating, etc pretty easy.

Question : what happens if you have or buy a boat with the Trilux aluminum specific bottom paint that you can't get anymore (here anyway)? Remove it all and start from scratch? That's expensive if the case ....
It has self bailing, not huge and kinda below the waterline but they are there and on a couple of other models of hewescraft.

It has self bailing, not huge and kinda below the waterline but they are there and on a couple of other models of hewescraft.
Are you sure? Looking at the side profile the bottom paint looks to me to be higher than the deck. I may well be wrong, but I can't see how it bails. I assumed it just dumped in the bilge. The fish hold looks so shallow and it appears to be the hull bottom in there. Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong...

Last edited:
Are you sure? Looking at the side profile the bottom paint looks to me to be higher than the deck. I may well be wrong, but I can't see how it bails. I assumed it just dumped in the bilge. The fish hold looks so shallow and it appears to be the hull bottom in there. Wouldn't be the first time I'm wrong...
I think they are the white one way style about the size of a garden hose. Both their website and forums say they have it and on their explorer models. @jwood99 might have a good idea, he rocks a nice Hewescraft.

I think they are the white one way style about the size of a garden hose. Both their website and forums say they have it and on their explorer models. @jwood99 might have a good idea, he rocks a nice Hewescraft.
Im not sure about the 240 but mine is self bailing, I would think the 240 is as well. The fish lockers are deceiving, they might not look huge but you can pack a lot of fish in them! They are one of my favourite parts of the boat!

Okay, I'll bite. What are the lengths of PVC perf line running from the radar arch to the stern? Are they just supports for a tarp we don't see?

Can we all just take a minute to appreciate the people that keep this thread going by constantly feeding boats of all kinds and prices and locations into one place from about 100 different locations on the internet. @kaelc is surely feeding his own boat browsing addiction but it really is super helpful! There are plenty of other frequent contributors and I really appreciate each post from each person!

Also although I look at a lot of boats I don’t feel knowledgeable about what is good value so appreciate the opinions here on value and quality.

We are going to put our DE 206 on the market in the next few months and once it sells will be looking for real.
Great Post, Although I don't contribute regularly either, I'm on here every other day looking for my boat to buy. All of these boats and the knowledge being passed along is priceless indeed!

Back