Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

F....ing guy owes you a nice bottle or an Islander Reel! Not running two-stroke flipping dreams, I think he's delusional, no offence intended if the seller is on here! I wonder what it will sell for. Without seeing the top I couldn't guess.

Well I would wager money he hasn’t had it in the water, since the motor “turns over” tells me he hasn’t got it running. For all we know the boat could be water logged and the sole could be rotted.

F....ing guy owes you a nice bottle or an Islander Reel! Not running two-stroke flipping dreams, I think he's delusional, no offence intended if the seller is on here! I wonder what it will sell for. Without seeing the top I couldn't guess.

hes def dreaming love seeing how out of touch people in canada in general are to the rest of the world and its pricing.

This boat was listed for $3k in the US a couple weeks ago. I posted in this thread. Looks like it still has the same issues the previous owner listed. Looks like all this buyer did was register the boat and trailer, and tacked on 13k CAD to the price.

Good work.

hes def dreaming love seeing how out of touch people in canada in general are to the rest of the world and its pricing.
Someone should go look at it and ask him a bunch of questions. See how full of **** the guy is. lol. Coquitlam is too far for me to waste my time

Good on him for trying some arbitrage, but it doesn't take long to figure out what it should be priced at. The cuddy is nice so list her for $9,589 and she might sell and it will pay for tacos, gas and a donation of tax $ to Mr Trudeau :)
He’s free to try to flip it, and we’re free to call it how we see it. Who knows, maybe he threw a kicker on it and made sure it actually floats.

This boat was listed for $3k in the US a couple weeks ago. I posted in this thread. Looks like it still has the same issues the previous owner listed. Looks like all this buyer did was register the boat and trailer, and tacked on 13k CAD to the price.

Realistically what's the guy in to it for? I don't know all the steps of importing a boat & trailer, but besides the exchange rate and fuel costs to drive down and back there's fees and taxes to pay. It definitely seems like he's still trying to make a profit on the flip. I'd be curious to see somebody estimate the fees and taxes to get this imported....I seem to recall a rough rule of thumb was to take the US price and add an extra 50%??

Realistically what's the guy in to it for? I don't know all the steps of importing a boat & trailer, but besides the exchange rate and fuel costs to drive down and back there's fees and taxes to pay. It definitely seems like he's still trying to make a profit on the flip. I'd be curious to see somebody estimate the fees and taxes to get this imported....I seem to recall a rough rule of thumb was to take the US price and add an extra 50%??
As long as he’s upfront and honest about it, I don’t really care, just letting people on here know the facts. The boat was listed in Washington state. I don’t recall where exactly, but I remember it was close enough that it would have been possible to go look at it after work. If I bought a non running boat for say $6k CAD all in after a day of travel, a tank of gas and fees/taxes, and I tried to flip it for $11.5k more I certainly would be honest about the fact that I bought it to flip, and that I hadn’t done a proper sea trial or survey on it. Might not get $17.5k for it if I did, however.

That's a project boat. 5K would be generous.

Back