Boats on Used Victoria and Other Areas

Never been on one but there is a Grady cat needing a transom in Hardy and I believe another member said they were a failed graaaaady experiment to stay clear of.

My family had an early Glacier Bay cat for a few years. It rode smooth but did not handle forward weight very well.

I've read about these Grady cats quite a bit on The Hull Truth. The story seems that Grady engineers spent a lot of time at Glacier Bay and a partnership was imminent. Then suddenly it wasn't. Shortly after, these Grady cats came to market. Grady had attempted to add some chines and get the hull up out of the water (compared to the early Glacier Bays which sliced through the water). The Grady's had some quirks compared to the typical monohulls and were also very weight sensitive. Some later posts on THT indicate that if you don't overload the boat and keep the weight aft they run pretty well.

That Grady cat in Hardy looks pretty rough. You'd have to do your own labour for the transom repairs to have it even sorta make financial sense. This one posted recently looks pretty decent but I wonder how many people want to spend $50kUSD on something that the internet regards as a failure?

Why are east coast so economically priced ??

View attachment 98155
View attachment 98156
Supply and demand, plus cost of storage. Boating season is almost over there. 10k for transport to blain wa at the low side. Older engine, some people think could have corroded exhaust.

You are at 80k Canadian after taxes but before survey, mechanical inspection, sea trail, flights, hotels, rental car, food…

Also price in 10-20k to add a kicker, Scotty plugs/downrigger plates. Plus regular maintenance on an almost 20 year old boat.

@DuroBoat is right trailer will be 10k used close to 18k new.

You can buy a lot of boat locally for less hassle and an equivalent price.

2008 Raider Pro-Fisherman 185 - $35,000 (Issaquah) Usd​

Loaded with new power, suspension seats, Minn Kota and more

Back